WW Failure

Options
sharonschraeder
sharonschraeder Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I joined Weight Watchers Feb. 2016 and lost 35 pounds during my first 3 months. Life got messy with the sickness and passing of both my father and mother-in-law...and other excuses...and I quit tracking and attending meetings, gaining back 25 pounds. I've been paying all along and finally cancelled and looking for another alternative.

Replies

• Alaynasmom7312
    Alaynasmom7312 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This app is amazing and can help you regain focus. Sorry for your both of your losses! I pray you get bank on track and continue your success :):)
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I joined Weight Watchers Feb. 2016 and lost 35 pounds during my first 3 months. Life got messy with the sickness and passing of both my father and mother-in-law...and other excuses...and I quit tracking and attending meetings, gaining back 25 pounds. I've been paying all along and finally cancelled and looking for another alternative.

I've never done WW. This is going to sound harsh, but WW didn't fail, you did. You stated that when you stopped tracking and attending you gained back.
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've never tried WW, but if you can discipline yourself to track calories, this website/app can be an amazing tool. I've found a lot of support and inspiration here. I feel accountable to my friends on MFP, and we all share in each others' successes and setbacks. Best of luck getting back on the right track, and working towards your personal goal.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

The same can happen here but at least you are not paying fees to use this. It's hard to do the points, macros, calories, and all of it really. As you move forward in here make sure to jot some favorite meals and "fast food out and about meals" and their calories and macros in a notebook so you have something to fall back on when you can't log food - it can be time consuming as well and life gets in the way. It's good to have a fall back plan to keep you successful in your lifestyle.

Carb grams x 4 = kcal (or Calories)
    Fat grams x 9 = kcal (or Calories)
    Protein grams x 4 = kcal (or Calories)
    Alcohol grams x 7 = kcal (or Calories)

Each macro total Calories divided by the total Calories for the day gives you the % like in those pie charts you see in MFP. See it all adds up to the same food energy! And I bet you have the same for WW points.

Make it work. You can!

• smurph1968
    smurph1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did WW and liked it a lot, but this is free and just as good. I did them both for several weeks at the same time to compare. I'm sticking with MFP because it's free.
  • sharonschraeder
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »

I've never done WW. This is going to sound harsh, but WW didn't fail, you did. You stated that when you stopped tracking and attending you gained back.

I agree that I was the mess up. I meant that I was the failure, not WE. As my doctor told me, we all know what we need to do for our health and weight, we just need to make that decision to do it.
  • sharonschraeder
    Options
    smurph1968 wrote: »
    I did WW and liked it a lot, but this is free and just as good. I did them both for several weeks at the same time to compare. I'm sticking with MFP because it's free.

Free is good! Then I won't have double the guilt if I mess up, the weight AND the cost!
  • sharonschraeder
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »

I agree that I was the mess up. I meant that I was the failure, not WW. As my doctor told me, we all know what we need to do for our health and weight, we just need to make that decision to do it.