19% bodyfat at 165 pounds.......

Options
2»

Replies

• big_jon_1988
    big_jon_1988 Posts: 58 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm 165 pounds though I don't wanna lose any weight. I wanna gain weight and lose bodyfat at the same time

1) stop focusing on the scale. No one cares how much you weigh, only how you look.

2) To achieve your goal you need elite genetics (which you don't have) or take drugs

While I sort of agree with this I think it's odd you'd speak about his genetics specifically seeing as you know nothing about him other than a single picture. Seems like a weird thing to add.

One way or another though I agree you'll need to bulk to put on muscle and or cut to get lean.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Here's your plan my friend. I assume you already know how to cut at 1 lb per week and eat enough protein and keep lifting. You won't lose all that much muscle on a cut if you do that so I've just put zero muscle loss. It might be 1 lb or so, but not much.

I'm also assuming you know how to bulk and lift. You will probably be capable of 1.5 to 2 lb muscle gain per month so that's what I've used. Mileage varies, but your plan could look like this.

When you get to the end of the bulk, cut for 3 or 4 weeks and you'll be cut pretty good.

tmz398c534sd.jpg

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I'm 165 pounds though I don't wanna lose any weight. I wanna gain weight and lose bodyfat at the same time

1) stop focusing on the scale. No one cares how much you weigh, only how you look.

2) To achieve your goal you need elite genetics (which you don't have) or take drugs

While I sort of agree with this I think it's odd you'd speak about his genetics specifically seeing as you know nothing about him other than a single picture. Seems like a weird thing to add.

One way or another though I agree you'll need to bulk to put on muscle and or cut to get lean.

If he had elite genetics he wouldn't be posting on an online forum asking for basic advice. He'd be lean and muscular with average nutrition and training.
  • big_jon_1988
    big_jon_1988 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

If he had elite genetics he wouldn't be posting on an online forum asking for basic advice. He'd be lean and muscular with average nutrition and training.

That really doesn't make any sense. Genetics has nothing to do with asking for advice, and you have no idea what his diet or workout routine is, you're also claiming he's not lean or muscular, that's subjective. Also no need to passive aggressively put down someones physique bud.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

That really doesn't make any sense. Genetics has nothing to do with asking for advice, and you have no idea what his diet or workout routine is, you're also claiming he's not lean or muscular, that's subjective. Also no need to passive aggressively put down someones physique bud.

From the picture he posted I'm confident in my statement. I'm not putting anyone down, just providing realistic advice.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Intermittent Fasting MAY be something that could work for you. Since you want to maintain around 165, you could aim for a 5lb shift over time. (Lose 5lb Fat, Add 5lb Lean, repeat...) You generally can't "lose" without the scale moving as well, but done in smaller stages that would work for you.

Look up Leangains (http://www.leangains.com/2008/06/brief-primer-on-popular-approaches-to.html) as that's a pretty popular method or check out.

Also check out Ted Naiman's Reference (http://www.burnfatnotsugar.com/intermittent-fasting.html)

It requires some effort on your part, but would meet your goals over the long term IMO.

Lean gains has nothing to do with that..you can just run a recomp and eat three meals a day....
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

train hard OP
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options

tren

that's not even funny
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    that was a typo, meant train
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    that was a typo, meant train

;)
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    No mention of cardio, possibly incorporate some HIIT training into your regiment. Thermogenic products work for some people, definitely not all, could be an option as well.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    Here's your plan my friend. I assume you already know how to cut at 1 lb per week and eat enough protein and keep lifting. You won't lose all that much muscle on a cut if you do that so I've just put zero muscle loss. It might be 1 lb or so, but not much.

I'm also assuming you know how to bulk and lift. You will probably be capable of 1.5 to 2 lb muscle gain per month so that's what I've used. Mileage varies, but your plan could look like this.

When you get to the end of the bulk, cut for 3 or 4 weeks and you'll be cut pretty good.

tmz398c534sd.jpg

Only issue here with this cut plan is that assumes no LBM lost in 12 weeks, when in reality you will lose some say 2-4 lbs would be a good estimate over that time frame/weight loss. This would put you in the 13.9 to 15.5% range at 153, not 12.6% as shown in the chart
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    @OP, How did you determine you're at 19% BF? My guess is you used a bioimpedance scale at the gym.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Rusty740 wrote: »

tmz398c534sd.jpg

Only issue here with this cut plan is that assumes no LBM lost in 12 weeks, when in reality you will lose some say 2-4 lbs would be a good estimate over that time frame/weight loss. This would put you in the 13.9 to 15.5% range at 153, not 12.6% as shown in the chart

Yeah, could be this much, but close enough for OP I'm thinking.