How long have you been on here, and does everyone plan on st

Options
AI1108
AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
Someone posted a question the other day about moderation and it got me thinking... I use mfp A LOT now but I eventually want to forget about the numbers and teach myself how much my body can really handle and what is moderate for me. I didn't come on here with a lot to lose and am pretty close to my goal weight. I feel like once I train myself, I can eat a regular balanced meal without thinking about logging or number crunching and maintain my body ...maybe pop on here every once in a while to make sure I don't stray. :wink: Does anyone else feel this way or does everyone plan to always log their food/exercise?

BTW - can you write down how long you've been on here when you answer? I think it would be interesting to see how people feel about this.

Note: this isn't to say that it's good or bad to want to be on here forever.. just for curiosity sake.

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I like being on here and encouraging ppl. Think I have been on Since January 2010 and logged in 537 straight days so far.
  • jillerin457
    Options
    I've been on since the day after Thanksgiving 2010. I've gotten much better at estimating the calories in individual foods, but am still terrible at keeping track of an entire day in my head, so I expect I'll keep using MFP for at least this year. Also, I haven't even reached my goal weight, and I'd really like to be even smaller than that!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I've been on here actively for 1 year (this Sunday will be a year actually) and I don't plan on going anywhere for a long time :)
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I joined over a year ago, but have really only started using this site more this year...
  • shootoutx3
    shootoutx3 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've only been on here for a few weeks. I plan on staying for sure until I reach my goal weight, plus maybe a year or two after so that I make sure I maintain. I have a bad feeling that since I've been eating junk food for basically 20 years..it may take me a while to truly learn how to take care of my body..I'll probably always have to watch my numbers..at least for a few years.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Been here since January 2009, reached my goal weight in September 2010, and have no intentions of going anywhere! I love it here! And, I will continue to log my food - well, most of it. I've gotten less strict since being in maintenance mode.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Been here since April of this year and I'm staying FORRREVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRR. I love MFP and all the friends I've made.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I started on here January 19th with over 200 pounds to lose. In the beginning I logged every day and every bite I took. Over the course of these 6 months I have learned what causes my body to gain and what I can eat within a certain calorie range. There are now days that I don't log my food, but I can still guesstimate the number of calories consumed if I want to know. I am still losing weight even without tracking religiously like I did in the beginning. Once I reach my goal I plan to still be accountable to myself by weighing in and tracking most days. I don't think I will be on here everyday then like I am now unless the scale starts to move upward. I also allow myself a 5 pound leeway without changing my food intake or exercise because I have learned that my body can fluctuate that much on any given day no matter perfectly I eat and how much exercise I do.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I plan on still usingthis site when I reach my goal just to motivate me to keep eating right and exercising. Seeing the numbers keeps me aware of what I am putting in my body. I have been using since Jan 2011 and have lost 9 pounds so far. I had a rough spot where I quit for about 3 months :( but I am back on track now and plan on staying that way.
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for 60 days as of today. I know it's not that long, but this is how I am able to hold myself accountable. I've always been overweight and this is what works to help me lose it. One day, when I've reached my weight, I will probably still be using this to hold myself accountable (even though I will hopefully know what I should/shouldn't eat) so that I don't just go crazy and begin eating everything I want again. Setting goals on MFP and watching my progress is so motivational, as are the people on the site. So even once I reach maintenance goals, I believe I will still use this site because it's such a positive place to be.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I joined in something like Dec 2010, but didn't actively use the site until April 2011.

I'm actually considering de-activating my account right now. I feel like I've come a long way, I understand my body, know what it needs, etc and I don't want to spend the rest of my life logging calories and obsessing over it.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    It'll be a year for me on August 29th, 2011.
    I'm about 15lbs away from my goal weight. I'm 5'10 and I'm currently 155lbs. I'd like to ideally be 140.
    I plan to be here for a LONG time. I love the community, and even after losing the final 15, I'd like to tone and get my body in the best physical shape I can. I'd love to stay and keep encouraging also :)
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I joined at the very end of January this year and I won't be going anywhere for a long time. I still have about another 50 I think I should lose even though my ticker says differently (thats my first goal weight). i love the people and the information i get here!! I'd say I'll be using the site actively like I am now for at least another two years.
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Having gained and lost the same 40lbs more times than I can remember, I intend to stick around. (Been here since Jan 2011). Part of my "lifestyle change" (oh how I hate that expression - almost more than "weightloss journey"!) includes keeping track of everything I put in my mouth and every activity I undertake - it's the only way I can really be accountable to myself.

Also, I've made a number of friends here - some of them have achieved their goals or are close to them. Some of them have a way to go yet. I'd like to see those who still have a way to go reach their goals and be here to cheer them on; likewise, I'd like those who have made their goals already to still be here when I reach mine!
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    I've been here for just a few weeks, but the plan I have in my head is...
    Log all food and exercise to Goal Weight
    Log all food and exercise to get stronger
    Log all food for a period after all goals met in order to learn how to stay where I am
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have been here about 2 months. I plan to stick around after reaching my goal. Heck, I want to see my pals reach their goals too! :bigsmile: I probably won't log quite as religiously once I reach my goal, but I will always log. I think it will be too easy to slip into old habits without it. Plus, I really don't mind the logging/tracking/measuring much anymore. It makes me think about what I am doing.
  • Misty1777
    Misty1777 Posts: 29
    Options
    BUMP
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Been here since October 30, 2010. Plan on being here a while because I'm determined to lose slow enough to keep my lean body mass until I'm at my goal bodyfat percentage then I'll stay on MFP while I work on building extra lean mass... eventually I may not use MFP every day, but that's a LONG way in the future. I'm not just here to get thin; I'm here to get healthy, fit, and ripped.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have been here since April 2010; as soon as I reached my goal weight, I slacked off. I noticed how the weight slowly started comming back on. So back on MFP daily for maintenace. I love MFP!!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've been on here since January, and reached my goal of sixty pounds lost. I log in most everyday, but it is really just to hop on the forums. Find that is keeping me motivated, and I also like to check in on people who have supported me. At this point my weight is staying stable without counting calories, or otherwise balancing numbers. If I reach a point where that is no longer true, I will start logging my food and exercise, see where things are going wrong and adjust as needed. It is my goal to have this become intuitive for me.