Any moms out there struggling to loose weight around their family's crazy schedule?

Options
I have been trying so hard to loose weight for over a year now. I lost 30lbs but then life got busy and I've gained 20lbs back

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Yeah
    I have a 3 yo, a 1yo and I'm pregnant again (so on hold for the next 9m!)
    I'm also a cater for my partner

By the end of the day I'm shattered.
    I have time to exercise just about but when I start one of them sets off crying or something (I normally do it when they're in bed) and it gives me the rage lol
    And as for eating , wel in trying butnits hard!!
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I gained about 65lbs during my pregnancy and needed to lose weight afterwards. When my son turned 1, it just clicked and lost about 40lbs total. He goes to bed at 7pm and I exercise about 2-4 times a week after his bedtime (I'm also planning a wedding for 3 weeks from now so less exercise until then). I also simply eat the veggies and meat and little of the carbs I make for baby and fiancé. I also bake for snacks (muffins and cookies) but my base is almost always bananas and add yogurt to remove fat and sugar. I can have those for breakfast.

It's basically a mind thing where you have to decide that this is now your way to live and to allow yourself the cheesecake or poutine at the amount you can fit into your calories or to eat at maintenance if you need to have a social day where you know food won't be low calorie. I also have a child who goes to bed for 10-11 hours without complaining (HELPS A LOT).
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom to 3 kids (7, 5, 4 years old) with one with special needs. I've realized I have to make time for me in my priorities. I use to do home exercise dvd's and jog on my treadmill once the kids went to bed. Now I joined a gym with an awesome kid care area that my kids LOVE to go to. It's playtime for them (and they run around a lot to burn energy) and I get my "me" time as well as exercise time. I also plan out 3 meals to cook and eat leftovers the other days to have more time with my kids after work. :)
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, and nanny for 2 more. I get up at 5 am so I can be home to get everyone up by 7, and pick up the children I watch by 8. Some days I'm dragging and don't want to get up and it sucks. But I do it and feel better for it. There's always time, it's just a matter of finding it and to stop making excuses. Good luck on your journey
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have 2 ages 4 and 5, and I work full-time. Yes, it can be a challenge because sometimes I'm so exhausted that I gravitate towards 'easy' or 'comfort' rather than healthy. I don't bother to do intentional exercise. I just wear my FitBit and try to get up and move whenever I can at work. I also pre-plan the family menus, so I can eat something within my calorie range and feed the rest of the family too. I've eliminated trigger foods from the house and try to buy snacks for the kids that I won't be tempted to graze on.
  • Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Struggling here. Lost some, gained most of it back. No time to plan meals, workout etc, work full time and long commute. Trying to fit in workouts at lunchtime, if not it will never happen!The calorie counting works very well, I came close to my goal wt by logging every single miserable calorie. But then life happens and I stopped logging, gained most of it back. Round 2 for me...
  • History1027
    History1027 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Arekha wrote: »
    Struggling here. Lost some, gained most of it back. No time to plan meals, workout etc, work full time and long commute. Trying to fit in workouts at lunchtime, if not it will never happen!The calorie counting works very well, I came close to my goal wt by logging every single miserable calorie. But then life happens and I stopped logging, gained most of it back. Round 2 for me...

I completely feel for you! I am there too, but instead of the long commute I have the kids all day with me. I keep telling myself "school will be starting the beginning of Sept, and I'll have more time."
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm a mum of 2 and full time student! I just have to be a bit firm with myself and force myself to log and stick to my cals. I spend sundays prepping cut up carrots, hardboiled eggs, portions of nuts etc out and have protein bars on stand by so I have no excuses during the week if I am starving but too busy to make a real meal
  • BradleysMommy22
    BradleysMommy22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes! Me!! I did very well losing after my first son, not so much after my second. My kids are 3 & 5. I do well when I'm organized, but when we get busy and I get stressed, it all falls apart. I get tired of restrictions and binge. Or plan/buy a bunch of healthy meal ingredients and then get tired and get takeout! I also emotional eat. I think I need some support & accountability, so trying to find that here on the boards. :) Perhaps we start a group? Or is there a good one to join? Was looking into weight watchers for the accountability factor, but trying to avoid spending.
  • sassafras3909
    sassafras3909 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I struggle between work at a desk job that I am gonna for about 55 hours a week for and three teenagers with lots of activities to run them back and forth from. I also run erronds for me elderly parents. It is hard.
  • sassafras3909
    sassafras3909 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Arekha wrote: »

I completely feel for you! I am there too, but instead of the long commute I have the kids all day with me. I keep telling myself "school will be starting the beginning of Sept, and I'll have more time."

I am on round 3 over the last three years started this time at the most I have every been besides right after post baby. Good luck