help

Options
I have been doing so good but the last week or so I have been slacking and cannot get back on the right track and have gained 3 pounds..may not seem like a lot but it is when u got a lot of weight to lose....please help me find my mojo back.....

Replies

• KristoferNeal
    KristoferNeal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Take your weight gain with a grain of salt. I haven't stepped on my scale in months. You know why? Because it doesn't matter. Go off of how you feel, and how you like how ro look. My body weight can fluctuate +/- 10 lbs a DAY, just because I have to eat high volume foods due to my height. No, seriously. I eat around 3-5 lbs of food at a time along with beverages. Don't look at a scale, and don't look at it negatively. Just keep your head up, and keep doing what you were doing before to lose body fat. It WILL come off. Best of luck ^_^!
  • More2Life17
    More2Life17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That sounds familiar. You suffer from an all or nothing mentality. You're a perfectionist - I am too. With such a trait "slipping up" or having a "bad day" can turn into something disastrous. To avoid this, you have to tell yourself being perfect doesn't exist. Show me anyone on planet earth who's perfect? With that being the case, first and foremost you have to monitor how frequent these "f*** it days" are happening. If they're occurring every week or every two weeks you need to reassess your approach to dieting. Are you restricting food groups? Are you being too rigid with your dieting? Are you obsessing over dieting to the point that it consumed your life? All these things if in effect will cause anyone to break down mentally. My tips:

1. Don't restrict any type of food unless medically advised
    2. Ensure your calorie deficit isn't too harsh
    3. Have a daily eating structure rather than randomly eating. (Have a set way you eat. Day in, day out. This way you know roughly how many calories you're shooting for in each meal making it easier to stick to your calorie deficit)
    4. Stop worrying. Thinking about dieting all day will ultimately fatigue you resulting in you making poor food decisions later on in the day. You're better off focusing on something else for the majority of your day.

Hope that helps.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You do not have to be "good."
    Eat what works for you that fits into your calorie day.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Well, you took a break and now your break is over. It's a new day. Get back on the horse!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Just keep logging and don't dramatise it.

If you are persistent about logging and don't build overeating into a big disaster, you'll get back on track eventually.

When people end up going off the rails is when they throw their hands up in despair and stop logging. Don't do that. Whatever you eat, log it. Be totally honest with yourself.