New Journey

Options
basky56
basky56 Posts: 43 Member
I hate myself. I catch myself saying this in my head almost every day. Life is great, people can be fantastic, but too many times I get wrapped up in the negativity of everyday life. The person I am today is not the person I want to be. My career is amazing as a teacher and a head football coach. I have the best wife anyone could ever have. The negativity towards myself came when I look at myself in the mirror and do not see that 190lb college baseball player looking back at me. I was fit. I was happy. I had all the energy I needed and then some. Now I see a tired 245lb person looking back at me. I do not slow down in my life and tend to forget certain things because my mind is running at 100mph. THAT STOPS NOW. I have made the decision. I need to stop my pity party and run after those things that are important to me. I have decided to push myself to eat better, to slow my mind down, and to get back in touch with my supportive friends. (Which I tend to neglect because I am so damn "tired" when I get home.) down time is important, but not as important as being the best me I can be. ENOUGH EXCUSES. Force myself to do this. Those who want to take back our lives, and stop mopping ourselves up off the ground after a pitty party, feel free to add me. The only request I am making, is that you post a status everyday. How your day was: such as accomplishments; setbacks; goals; questions; and complaints. Leave them on the board and not in reality. If no one responds that's ok, I can, I will do this. Time for crap is over. Time to live has begun.

Replies

• Equa1981
    Equa1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You sound well on track! I am also a teacher, in 6th form. I love my job but I do think that the time investment in teaching is harsh. In the UK we are expected to work very long hours and this makes food preparation hard to get on track with as well as exercise. I reckon exercise is more important than anything else to keep us sane!! Good luck mate! :-)
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    its great that u r ready to face this problem,u might find this helpful

1. buy a food scale (the most important tool u need)
    2. set up a profile with an easy goal at first (start with .5 or 1lbs a week for the first 2 weeks to ease ur body into it). u can go for -2lbs/week if u like after u get comfortable with ur new lifestyle
    3. take up exercising (try only eat back half of what u think u burned at max)
    4. join an online challenge
    5. ditch any non supportive friends
    6. donate all junk foods
    7. dont tell people that u r trying to lose weight coz most will tell u to EAT MORE (smile n ignore them if they do but do not give in coz u have a goal n they dont)
    8. LOG everything u eat consistently

good luck!

u can add me if u like n my diary is open
  • Angel2024
    Angel2024 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    New to this looking for friends to motivate me