Really struggling to loose !!!

Options
trace67x
trace67x Posts: 5 Member
Hi, MFP gave me 1510 calories, I exercise about 3 times a week & have a physical job. But it seems the more active I am the more I want to eat. Some days I crave sugary foods so bad that I just have the odd day and binge !! Any suggestions please ???

Replies

• katstremmel1012
    katstremmel1012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Trace! Nice to meet you. You sound like you have the classic dieters dilemma. If only there were a secret, right?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You got a calorie suggestion based on your height, weight, age, sex and desired rate of loss. The less you have to lose, the more slowly it has to come off. You could pick a slower rate to get more calories.

Then make sure that you eat properly and don't have any "binge food" around.
  • Rubysue17
    Rubysue17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? I found the cravings stopped after a couple of weeks. Drinking water before meals help and filling up on veggies helped to keep me from getting hungry. Of course every now and then I just have to have that desert!
  • trace67x
    Options
    You got a calorie suggestion based on your height, weight, age, sex and desired rate of loss. The less you have to lose, the more slowly it has to come off. You could pick a slower rate to get more calories.

Then make sure that you eat properly and don't have any "binge food" around.

• trace67x
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I been doing it for about a month this time round. I have 16lb to get to my target weight. Last time I done it I ate lots of fruit and veg, however I don't seem to be able to eat them like I did due to suffering IBS.
    I think I'm going to try to drink more water, if I'm honest I only drink water during exercise !!
    Also had some of my exercise calories if need be after trying water..
    trace xx
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    my advice is to set your calories to your basal metabolic rate, or just a bit below that, set your macro nutrients (say 40% cals from carbs and 30% each from fats and protein) and spread it over 4 meals - then gradually increase your activity levels. Eat delicious nutrient dense whole foods as much as possible. Sounds very much like you're not eating enough and are, in fact, starving hence the cravings.
  • kaelkiera
    kaelkiera Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes I struggle with sugar craving too! I think sometimes you have to set aside a reward day or meal. I can't completing go with out! stay hydrated
  • trace67x
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • laurendunlop83
    laurendunlop83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've found that slowing down my eating has really helped with the binges. Might sound weird, but I buy a Fry's Turkish Delight as a treat slice it into smaller squares and eat it really slowly. It feels like more of a treat and I'm much more satisfied afterwards. Before I don't think it was even touching the sides! :D
  • JTlivez
    JTlivez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Drinking water whenever you're hungry helps a ton. It just takes dedication to achieve your goals. I'll add you and give you some motivation whenever I see you post :smile:
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    With 16 pounds to go, did you choose -.5 lb to lose? This should give you more calories.

Are you eating at least some of your exercise calories?
  • trace67x
    Options
    Thanks guy for all your tips and support. I've now lost 5lb, happy days x