If you love Anime what's your alltime fave?

Replies

• ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    ZodFit wrote: »
    Vampire Hunter D is what got me into Anime. If you're into supernatural ghouls and undead it's a good one

Castlevania has been very entertaining as well.

I forget that the OP didn't say TV shows. Vampire Hunter D has to be the ultimate classic anime and what I would show aliens if they asked what is anime.

Hahaha yes! I,really enjoyed castlevania...it was vampire hunter d esque
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited July 2017
    You want me to pick just one??

I'm a pretty avid fan of Natsume Youjin-chou. I grew up with all the classic "old" anime from the 70s and 80s, so of course, I will always have a soft spot for them, but Nastume is much younger (from sometime after 2010, I believe).

Also somewhat of a hardcore Hellsing:Ultimate and FLCL fan, so there's that.

70271qzvii6q.gif
  • bengotz0208
    bengotz0208 Posts: 8 Member
    I just finished watching blood + for the nth time. And Gunslinger Girl. <3
  • lvmycats
    lvmycats Posts: 33 Member
    Been a fan of anime for a good least 15 years. Notable favorites: Death Note, Kaiji, Steins;Gate, Gantz, Welcome to the NHK, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, School Days, Toradora, School Rumble, My Little Sister Can't be That Cute, It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular, Genshiken, Flower of Darkness

(I'm also quite the fan of Slice of Life and Moe genres even though my favorites generally contradict these... :* )
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    I have to give a shout out to my favorite anime film
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2U9MRO_6qOw

• grmagrp
    grmagrp Posts: 1 Member
    If you like comedic anime, you need to watch Kyo Kara Maoh! It's hard to find but definitely worth it.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited August 2017
    All these anime names are so wacky sounding to me lol this is a world I know nothing about who knew it was soooo popular. Not being funny but is it basically cartoons for adults yeah ? What's the main attraction if you don't mind me asking

Animated stories would be a better description. The attraction is just like any good story. But the budget allows them to only be limited by imagination.
  • MsCrunch
    MsCrunch Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2017
  • cee134
    All these anime names are so wacky sounding to me lol this is a world I know nothing about who knew it was soooo popular. Not being funny but is it basically cartoons for adults yeah ? What's the main attraction if you don't mind me asking

Animated stories would be a better description. The attraction is just like any good story. But the budget allows them to only be limited by imagination.

Thanks for that. I was chatting to the girl who does my nails, I was talking about ghost in the shell movie, with scarlett Johansson and she said she'd seen the animation film. I used to like Pokemon and all that I guess it's a Japanese thing. It looks kinda cool

There is anime for different age groups, just like all tv shows. If you are interested I'm sure we could direct you to an anime you might like.

For starters, try Howel's Moving Castle. Its a feel good movie with good animation.

wjl7aikdlkwp.jpg
    631qz4kv9an5.jpg
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Right now One Punch, My Hero Academia, Food Wars
  • cee134
    One Punch is differently one of my new favorite. I just wish there was more.
  • stephslife88
    stephslife88 Posts: 24 Member
    Samari shamploo!! Seven deadly sins...
  • jmitch6491
    jmitch6491 Posts: 24 Member
    Air Gear for sure, but I have many favorites.
  • mariahk37
    mariahk37 Posts: 7 Member
    Hunter x hunter
  • oskarrrleo
    oskarrrleo Posts: 1 Member
    Assassination Classroom~~~~ :)<3
  • jshenber
    jshenber Posts: 21 Member

Thanks for that. I was chatting to the girl who does my nails, I was talking about ghost in the shell movie, with scarlett Johansson and she said she'd seen the animation film. I used to like Pokemon and all that I guess it's a Japanese thing. It looks kinda cool

There is anime for different age groups, just like all tv shows. If you are interested I'm sure we could direct you to an anime you might like.

For starters, try Howel's Moving Castle. Its a feel good movie with good animation.

wjl7aikdlkwp.jpg
    631qz4kv9an5.jpg

Howl's Moving Castle is so beautiful and my very bestest favorite movie ever. Not just anime movies but all movies. I've watched it about 50 times and I can sit down and watch it again at any moment!