Trader Joes

Options
cnada
cnada Posts: 14 Member
I have never been to Trader Joes, and one just opened up around me. What can I get there that tastes good, and it healthy for you. Any suggestions????

Replies

• SJMKG
    SJMKG Posts: 1
    Options
    Everything is great there! That's my store!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options

No it isn't, it's MY store!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Get their peanut butter! It's delicious.
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love Trader Joes! I try to get as much as I can there, so don't have any specific suggestions. Just go for it!
  • jessiroonita
    Options
    I love trader joes! You still have to read labels, but you can find things like almonds, low carb chips that are like soy and flaxseed etc. there a many foods that are specialized and healthy. Go browse and enjoy!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's one of those things you have to go venture out and find for yourself. I tried going to his knockoff sister-in-law, Bartering Betty's, and they have tons of great crap.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    OMG what doesn't taste good? I LOVE this place....

Their TJ brand of greek yogurt is really good --- read the label though, i'm talking plain, not the ones with honey and tons of sugar
    Quinoa and Harvest Blend grains are really good...egg white salad, turkey meatballs, teriyaki chicken..
    I love the chicken mango sausage, different cheeses, produce, seafood... I haven't found anything I don't like.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon, coffee, fruits and vegetables...pretty much everything is good there! :smile: :tongue:
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am jealous. Have tried for a few years to get one to open up close to me, closest is 3 hours away. But very good food and even reasonable flowers if you like to dress up the table sometimes.
  • chachii26
    chachii26 Posts: 45
    Options
    You need to try it!! I love it ...and is much more cheaper that the super market I used to go...I always buy the granola bars, yogurt, oatmeal...I buy everything I can from them!
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's!! Here a few things that are healthy and yummy!

-Salsas! Fire roasted or garlic roasted salsa, very low in sodium compared to typical brands
    -Cheese!! Fat free feta, string cheese, lite sliced cheeses (provolone, swiss, etc.)
    -Greek yogurt (they have a new product, well new to me with added fiber!)
    -Low sodium turkey breast slices
    -Low sodium chicken broth
    -Pre-washed salads (spinach, kale, spring mixes, etc.)
    -Nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc.)
    -Nut butters (unsalted, salted, organic, so much more!)

Omg, I could go on forever. I try to make a trip once a week because I lovvvvvvvvvve Trader Joe's!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Everything that Trader Joes has tastes good...!!!!

Some items are obviously more healthy than others... They have really great prices on cheeses, coffee, wine, and pre packaged goods... Best bet READ LABLES! Something may look more healthy than it actually is.

Things that I think are a rip... Yogurt (tastes yuck), any produce (expensive and not the best quality)

I buy my whey protein there because it is such a good deal and it tastes good!

YEAH TRADER JOES!
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
    COFFEE!
  • ckspores
    ckspores Posts: 52
    Options
    I have an unhealthy obsession with Trader Joe's. We do most of our shopping there now except for a few things my husband likes that you just can't get there (Kraft mac and cheese, even though I think Trader Joe's version is great).

-pineapple salsa
    -hummus (including their original and white bean and basil)
    -quinoa, which is super cheap there compared to our big box store
    -wine :)
    -Greek yogurt
    -sweet potato gnocchi
    -coffee
    -reduced guilt pita chips
    -Ezekiel bread
    -assorted nut butters

I'm sure there is more than I can't think of. I get lost in that store!
  • cnada
    cnada Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I'm going to go and explore in there. LOL.

Thanks for all the suggestions
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites:

the peanut and almond butters with flax seeds
    chipotle hummus (I LOVE this stuff. seriously obsessed)
    just the leaves romaine lettuce
    whole wheat pita
    ice cream bon bons (a 60 calorie end of the day treat)
    nuts

I generally don't find the produce section very good, but the cheese section is great. Some days my whole meal is comprised of TJs stuff.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Cheap and tasty wine! hahaa. :drinker:

They have a lot of pre-portioned frozen items, that you can really work into your day. And a lot of frozen fish, meats, etc. There is a great variety of organic items, cheaper than some other specialty stores.

It's a really cool store. I always find new things to try. Its like any other market though, you have to read labels and see what works best for you!
  • BlueAventer
    BlueAventer Posts: 129
    Options

No it isn't, it's MY store!

NO IT'S MY STORE!! :wink:
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    They do not sell anything with artificial ingredients. Go to their website and there's a top foods list of their best sellers...a good place to start trying!