NON STARVING calorie deficit

Options
Looking for friends who are on a calorie deficit and eat properly. I am on a 1,300 calorie deficit myself whilst banning junk food ans my all time favourite chocolates :( and this is my third day trying it so it is still extremly hard to not give in to the temptation. I never undereat the 1,300 as it is very unhealthy and that will result to me being hungry=binging.

Anyone else in a similar situation and wanna be friends? Feel free to add me. My goal is to lose 5kg over the span of a couple months but my august goal is to lose ~ 1.5kg or more.

What are your goals and struggles? How long have you been actively using fitnesspal?

Replies

• rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how tall are you? 1300 cals seems so low
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I used Mfp for around two years back in 2012-2014. I have recently returned. I always kept my calories to at least 1500 while on here and ate back my exercise calories. I also kept my diet around 80% natural with the rest being cake, chocolate etc. I never really needed to lose weight, my main focus was fitness and getting my bodyfat down, which I achieved very well although at times I did lose weight on those calories and had to up it. During my most active, I was eating anything up to 3500 calories a day to maintain.

I am now back here to try and regain my fitness after a period of difficulties with my health, although I probably also need to regain a bit of weight. I did notice when I used to post and read this forum avidly that many people found more success in losing weight when they kept a sensible deficit and didn't dip too low. It leaves room to drop the calories a bit more if you hit a plateau/stop losing weight then.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising as well? Do you eat back some of your exercise cals?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Do you eat 1300 or is your deficit 1300?
  • sarahseeto
    sarahseeto Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am now on 1300 calories a day. I was on 1000-1200 calories a day but I just got to exhausted as I'm a full time nurse and exercise 5 times a week.

I meal prep every weekend with my fiancé. I have one cheat meal a week but I still try to stay within my calorie count on my cheat meal, although it's difficult! I've been counting my calories now for 6 months and have lost 6kgs. I now weight 49kgs but would like to weight 47kg. I'm quite petition though- 153 cm. if I'm 47kg I'll still be in a healthy BMI and I eat super clean and healthy now which is what I'm happy about.

What do you have for your meals?
  • sarahseeto
    sarahseeto Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Petite**
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1600 and my deficit is quite aggressive because I prefer to have a 3K weekend day... my diary is open
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My daily calories were 1250 losing 2lb per week but I decided to put it to 1.5lb per week so my goal is 1500, but due to gallbladder issues I am having to reduce my fat intake which has also reduced my calories so I am trying to keep between 1200 and 1300 calories per day now.
    I'm 5"4 my starting weight on Jan 16th was 308 lbs, my current weight is 236 lbs (24th July was last weigh in) and my goal weight is to be between 120 lbs - 140 lbs, feel free to add me, my diary is open to the public if you want ideas, I don't track my sugar as I eat fruit so I switched that to watch my fibre. I usually plan my meals a few days ahead but sometimes edit on the day... I used to have cheat days on Saturday and Sunday but I don't anymore although I may eat a teeny bit more than I would in the week.
    P.S I forgot to add, I was told to add as much protein into your diet as that is what keeps your body satisfied, I could be totally wrong in this though, we all find our own methods that work for us but don't work for others :)
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm currently doing a small cut on 1,200-1,300 calories and I'm not finding it difficult, but I'm also following the DASH diet/1,200 plan, and that's given me a great guideline, (I'll adjust back up to the 1,590 calorie version once I lose the 6lbs I want gone)

Yesterday for example-
    2 slices of toasted sprouted grains bread, with 2 triangles of light cheese spread

'Rice' bowl with 2 cups of riced cauliflower (this is a recent discovery and I can't taste the difference between it and white rice, and it saves me over 100 calories and I get in extra veggies!), 1/2c sliced carrots (frozen), 1c broccoli florets (frozen), 3 ounces chicken (canned) , with 1 serving Sweet Baby Rays sweet n' sour sauce

afternoon-green smoothie with 1c skim milk, 1 banana, 6 large strawberries and then a greens blend of spinach, kale, dandelion greens and collard greens

Supper was a serving of steel cut oats with raisins and sunflower seeds

after supper snack of cherries and a serving of herb popcorn (bowl full is only 70 calories)

Went to bed not hungry and my calories were right around 1,200

Today's plan-
    2 slices of toasted sprouted grains bread, with 2 triangles of light cheese spread

4 ounces wild caught salmon, with a skillet sized side of sauteed mushrooms, broccoli, red bell pepper and red onion, (with a splash of raspberry vinaigrette). Will saute the mushrooms in 1tsp of olive oil

afternoon-green smoothie with 1c skim milk, 1 banana, 1/2c blueberries, and the greens blend listed above

Supper will be a burrito with a whole grains tortilla shell, 1c refried black beans, diced onion and tomato, and hot sauce

after supper snack of cherries and herb popcorn

Will come in around 1,300 calories

eta: goals-I've been maintaining a 50lb loss for over 4 years now, currently doing a small cut to shift my maintenance range down to 120-125lbs, which then gives me a cushion going into fall/winter, where I loosen things up due to the chaotic school year (homeschooling mama of 3 kids here). This has been my pattern for a while now and it works well with my lifestyle/schedule :)
  • RamboKitty87
    Options
    @OliveGirl128 Hey what is this herb popcorn, it sounds very interesting and what is the fat like? I'm looking for a popcorn type snack that's satisfying and low in calories and fat, if you can point me in the right direction of a recipe I would be very grateful :)
  • OliveGirl128
    Options
    @OliveGirl128 Hey what is this herb popcorn, it sounds very interesting and what is the fat like? I'm looking for a popcorn type snack that's satisfying and low in calories and fat, if you can point me in the right direction of a recipe I would be very grateful :)

It's a flavored popcorn that Aldi carries-soooo good!
  • RamboKitty87
    Options
    @OliveGirl128 Aldi as the cheap supermarket in the UK? OMG I hope so... if thats the case I will be dragging my partner down there with me soon as he finishes work haha!
  • lindsayomalley
    lindsayomalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 1,250 calories a day and honestly haven't been too hungry at all - maybe I owe some of that to the heat... I am not all that hungry when it is hot outside. Are you eating a lot of fiber and protein? Fiber and protein will fill you up and make you feel good. Also, have you ever heard of Açaí Bowls? They are amazing and super filling. I would highly recommend having one for Breakfast and it will hold you over until lunch. It is basically a smoothie in a bowl w/ fruit, and whatever add-ons (definitely add a tsp of PB or some other kind of nut butter). Lots of great recipes on Pinterest. Good luck!
  • OliveGirl128
    Options
    @OliveGirl128 Aldi as the cheap supermarket in the UK? OMG I hope so... if thats the case I will be dragging my partner down there with me soon as he finishes work haha!

Yes! I'm in the U.S. and they're becoming really popular here-they have a 'natural' line that has some really great things-that's what my sprouted grains bread is, the popcorn etc. Their prices are fantastic and more and more they're carrying organic items and then specialty things like a wide variety of nuts and seeds, oils, chips made from lentils and sweet potato, fancy cheeses etc etc. If you haven't been there before, it's not a traditional store-you bring your own bags, pay a quarter to rent a cart lol, and then there's only like 4 isles crammed full of stuff :) They have designated sections, but I find things in totally random spots (coconut oil was across from produce last times, instead of by the other oils, for example). It's definitely an experience, but so much fun!
  • OliveGirl128
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Also-Aldi stores vary a bit in what they carry (and I don't know what the UK vs US will be like)-but keep an eye out for their light cheese spread, it's by the sliced cheeses at my store and is like $1.29 for a pkg of 6 triangles/25 calories a serving, their sprouted grains bread is amazing, and only 60 calories per slice, their flat breads are fabulous, nuts and seeds (chia, sunflower etc), oils (their olive oil has won awards), raw honey, frozen veggies/fruit, and then my store has a section of specialty grains that's great!

I get almost all my groceries there and walk out with a cart full for under $100 :)

eta: they have really good prices on frozen fish too- I get a pound of wild caught salmon for $4!
  • RamboKitty87
    Options
    @OliveGirl128 Oh wow thats awesome, I live a 10 min walk from Lidl which is owned by the brother of the owner of Aldi.... basically they co-shared Aldi but had a falling out.... so the stories say haha it may all be total BS but I like that story... they are both pretty much identical and they compete with their prices with one another, I just remembered that Aldi is kind of set in the middle of nowhere where I live so may be hard to get to without a car haha, I go lidl alot though and I have just googled a recipe for herb popcorn so I may try and make my own with 1 cal no fat oil spray XD but yeah you gotta love cheap even if some of the brands are dodgy looking lol plus not sure about the US but in the UK store they have different themes each week and sell different clothes and items as well as foods, 2 weeks ago they were selling bongos haha!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat petite (161cm) and I eat 1700-1800 calories a day.

I could eat less and increase my deficit, but I don't care to. I've lost 60 pounds in 8 months and that is plenty fast for me! I have no problem with the last 30 pounds taking over the next 8 months if need be. Heck, if it took the next two years I'd be okay with that too. As long as the trend leads me to a healthier weight I am happy.