another article regarding PCOS and a Primal lifestyle

Options
hpsnickers1
hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-didn’t-just-“manage”-my-condition-i-beat-it-and-wiped-the-floor-with-it/#more-22406

I wasn't sure where to post this. I would copy/paste it but it is a long article. I posted one not too long ago. Here's another one. I'm seeing this over and over again in the Primal/Paleo world.

I'm not pushing this on anyone. I feel it's necessary to research and read - A LOT - to really learn about how what we eat can affect the body over long-term. Never stop learning!! And I don't trust what the government tells us because our health became a political and monetary issue back in the 50s-70s. Research has led me to this.

I like to put as much information out there as I can. If I can help just one person get better than I feel like I have done a good deed. I never suffered from PCOS but I have suffered from IBS, hiatal hernia, Fibromyalgia, sinus issues, headaches, anxiety. My menstrual issues were heavy periods, irregular cycles (try every two weeks!). I would wake up in the middle of the night doubled over in pain the cramps were so bad. The gyn tells me it's due to aging. yeah, right. I changed my diet and everything is gone!

Replies

• CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank You for sharing. I was diagnosed 18 years ago at the age of 15 with PCOS so I am constantly reading and researching.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    i've had PCOS my whole life I'm sure, but wasn't diagnosed until about 15 years ago...
    Low carb, high protein has been the only thing that ever works for me.
    I eat plenty of carbs -- but they are all from things like greek yogurt, quinoa, whole grains...

Thanks for the article --- wish there was a magic pill but this type of diet is the closest thing I've found.
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS when we tried to conceive about 3 years ago. Thanks for the article. Every bit helps
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    OP: I appreciate all of your input on the forums. I find that my friends here on MFP make my chosen lifestyle easier to sustain. Diagnosed with PCOS in my early twenties, I spent two decades hating my body because it didn't work the way the 'experts' said it should. Now I have a beautiful daughter, have shed over 100 lbs, and am strong enough to lift heavy objects. My life is full of joy and I love my body. Thanks to Diana Schwarzbein, all the Primal/Paleo authors, bloggers & MFP support.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    OP: I appreciate all of your input on the forums. I find that my friends here on MFP make my chosen lifestyle easier to sustain. Diagnosed with PCOS in my early twenties, I spent two decades hating my body because it didn't work the way the 'experts' said it should. Now I have a beautiful daughter, have shed over 100 lbs, and am strong enough to lift heavy objects. My life is full of joy and I love my body. Thanks to Diana Schwarzbein, all the Primal/Paleo authors, bloggers & MFP support.

You are very welcome. I'm actually thinking of getting into holistic nutrition or at least something along those lines. I'm going to do some research on it. I've learned so much these last 9 months and am fascinated with it now. I can't seem to get enough of it.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Having PCOS myself I'm just learning what diet means for it and that was certainly an interesting read. Is there anyone out there that has PCOS and has tried this sort of thing out??