100+ pounds gone NATURALLY

Options
2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I started at 295 and now weigh 285!

185, right? hehe That is definitely not a mere 10 lb loss!

(GREAT job btw! I lost 100+ in same way, but it took me six years...thankfully a lot of it was accelerated by MFP!)
  • kickfataway14
    kickfataway14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. I'm also counting calories. I just started today. It's tough because there are so many temptations out there. You have inspired me to not give into the tempting foods. Thank you. Hope to hear back from u soon. How many calories did u do a day?
  • CheekyNikki
    CheekyNikki Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah, believe it or not, I have lost over a hundred pounds naturally!!! Before you waste your time reading this, let me give you some mental advice. You will NOT lose weight if you don't have self motivation and discipline to do so. You cannot be that pedosn that says 'I'll start Monday' because if you're already saying that, you aren't going to succeed. You have to WANT to live a healthy lifestyle. You have to WANT to be a better you for YOU. I lost all my weight in less than a year!! I cut out pop, exercised for about 45 min 3-5 tims a week, and counted my calories!!! I didn't count carbs, or sugar, I simply just counted my overall calories! I probably could have lost more by doing it the other way. I promise you guys that you CAN DO IT IF YOU WANT IT! You don't need pills or a surgery to get healthy and have the body of your dreams. Just keep pushing yourself and live a healthy you!!!!i2l5cu94laj5.jpg

You look awesome and I think I'm going to try what you did and simply count calories and increase my weekly workouts. Thanks for sharing. P.S. you look awesome!
  • CheekyNikki
    Options
    THIS! This is what I'm working on right now! No magic pills that curb your appetite or speed up metabolism. No magic wraps that "shrink" your fat off. No crazy diets cutting out all my favorite foods. I want to be able to make this a lifestyle. In order to do that, I had to realize, I'm still going to eat pizza. Might as well figure out how to do it and lose weight at the same time! And it's working! 25lbs gone already! Congrats to you on all your hard work! I hope to be at that 100lb mark someday soon!

Congrats to your weight loss! I think this strategy will work. I've only been following it for a couple of weeks but my weight is going down so I'm very happy. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • CheekyNikki
    Options
    You look amazing!! I'm sending you a friend request!
    I have also lost 100lbs naturally. It took me 16 months, but I did it! I am now on maintenance and toning up :)
    Question.....
    Do you have people constantly asking you what your "secret" is? And then they look at you like you are nuts when you tell them all you did was count calories and exercise??
    Yeah I'm getting this alot... It's like they expect you to tell them about some mirrical pill or shake! They don't understand!

Congrats on your weight loss. I love that there are some so many success stories here from counting calor6and exercising. I'm going to keep doing this as I know I will get to my goal if I do.
  • KarinaOrtiz6
    KarinaOrtiz6 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful before and after!!
  • Slimmingdownthisyear
    Slimmingdownthisyear Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!! I too have 'Started on Monday' like a billion times. This time is so much different. I have no idea what day I started but I am so motivated right now. So far have lost 1st 9lbs, and got loads more to go, but I'm in the zone to reach my goals! I'm turning 30 soon and want to start a family.
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great.

My story is almost exactly the same. 102# down over the last 13 months, counting calories. I still eat all my favorite food (in smaller quantities of course!). Starving and depriving yourself is not going to be sustainable mid to long term. Too often I hear people saying the will start that new diet next week, or when they get from vacation, etc... giving up on all sugar or anything else specific. I would not have been able to do it that way.
  • mangofish44
    mangofish44 Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You are an inspiration and amazing!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful and you look fabulous!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job and great advice!
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are beautiful!
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and I couldn't agree more with your post! Biggest difference between us is I'm 50 and I only set out to lose a pound a week. I've lost 100 pounds in the last year and a half and have about 20 to go. Starting to pay a bit more attention to nutrients because I'm ready, but still enjoying my favorites in smaller portions.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Damn, lady! Pardon the language. But congratulations!!! That's super awesome! I'm proud of you for doing it the healthy way.
  • dalem14
    dalem14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • PaulaJ45
    PaulaJ45 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are an inspiration!! I love your comment about "I'll start Monday...". I totally agree!! I have a quote hanging in my office at work to remind me of why that way of thinking isn't healthy....

"Tomorrow has no power or strength to initiate change into your life. TODAY~~ RIGHT NOW~~ is where the power is. Waiting even one more day is a decision to stay on a path that has proven to be destructive."
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- and great advice :) Thanks for sharing!
  • socaldogmom
    socaldogmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look amazing!
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yeah, believe it or not, I have lost over a hundred pounds naturally!!! Before you waste your time reading this, let me give you some mental advice. You will NOT lose weight if you don't have self motivation and discipline to do so. You cannot be that pedosn that says 'I'll start Monday' because if you're already saying that, you aren't going to succeed. You have to WANT to live a healthy lifestyle. You have to WANT to be a better you for YOU. I lost all my weight in less than a year!! I cut out pop, exercised for about 45 min 3-5 tims a week, and counted my calories!!! I didn't count carbs, or sugar, I simply just counted my overall calories! I probably could have lost more by doing it the other way. I promise you guys that you CAN DO IT IF YOU WANT IT! You don't need pills or a surgery to get healthy and have the body of your dreams. Just keep pushing yourself and live a healthy you!!!!i2l5cu94laj5.jpg

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    I really needed this kind of motivation. I've been successfully losing the weight but went back to unhealthy eating since last few days and put on 5 lbs.
    But I won't give up! I'll have a fresh start not starting from "Monday" but tomorrow. Thanks a ton and God bless!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!