Intermittent fasting Anyone?

Options
I've just started intermittent fasting I'm doing the (leangains). 16/8 thats where I fast for 16 hrs and eat for 8 hrs.....I'll be doing it for 2 months to see how it has helped me health wise. After I might just continue, because I love the benefits I read.

Replies

• gyarugal07
    gyarugal07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing the fast.
  • SashieKool
    SashieKool Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How is it going for you so far? I just started.
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I used it when I was cutting down. It just makes it easier not to over eat in my opinion.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I have fasted for years now, usually 12-14 hours, I just started doing 16:8 though. So far so good, I really feel more energized in the mornings and I like the edge of hunger that makes me feel more focused, I was always a night eater to the point where I would do great the whole day and screw it up at night, that's not really a problem anymore. My eating window is 12-8pm or 1pm-9pm if I am working out at lunch. I take breaks on the weekends but honestly I think this is just the way my body likes to eat. It was always a struggle, until I tried this and then it just seemed to make sense for me.
  • SashieKool
    SashieKool Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have fasted for years now, usually 12-14 hours, I just started doing 16:8 though. So far so good, I really feel more energized in the mornings and I like the edge of hunger that makes me feel more focused, I was always a night eater to the point where I would do great the whole day and screw it up at night, that's not really a problem anymore. My eating window is 12-8pm or 1pm-9pm if I am working out at lunch. I take breaks on the weekends but honestly I think this is just the way my body likes to eat. It was always a struggle, until I tried this and then it just seemed to make sense for me.

Oh wow, that's amazing. I've been reading a lot about "IF" and nothing but good stories so I'm happy to read this. Thank you
  • txscriblarian
    txscriblarian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started adding IF in June, 18/6 or so brunch and then dinner, If my blood sugar tanks I will add a small snack to get up above 90 I found I have no hunger unless I am getting ready to tank. I check mu BS every 3 hours for "close control"
  • ValiRaeDee
    ValiRaeDee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started the intermittent fasting (16/8) shortly after I started Keto a about a month ago. I didn't even realize I was doing "a thing" until I read about later. I just wasn't hungry and I listened to my body's cues. I, too, was a night eater and I have no idea how many calories I would consume after dinner. Now I don't even crave salty/sugary snacks, even in the evenings. And like many have said, I feel *really* good!

Any opinions on Bulletproof coffee? I've read good things about it, but I've also read that it takes you out of fasting mode. There's no way I can drink BC at noon (when I end my fast) - I would never sleep!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I did this back in 2013, combined with a lot of training. I ended up at 12% bodyfat, but that was more likely due to the food I was eating and the intense activity rather than the fasting...who knows. I must admit, my body did start changing within a month of starting IF. I varied from 16:8 to 18:6 and am working my way back to it again now having had a rough few years in terms of my health (medication and inertia had me hitting close to overweight for the first time in my life). I am now aiming to get my lean muscle back and probably gain a few pounds in the process. My old diaries from that year might be interesting to anyone taking up IF. Feel free to add me.
  • NuNu1905
    NuNu1905 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of 16:8 and have lost 2.2lbs. How is everyone calculating your macros in MyFP? I've found a couple of IF calculators online, but I'm still curious what others are doing? Thanks!
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I too am fasting and keto. I'm not as strict as most. In the morning 7-8 am I have a cup of coffee with cream. Between 11-12 if I want something I may have something small like a piece of fruit or tuna pouch. Then 4-7 pm eat the most. Started 8 days ago and am down 9 pounds. Anyone is welcome to add me. Good luck!!
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have been fasting 16/8 for 145 days and am down 36lbs. Love the simplicity of it and the extra energy I get and never wake up feeling lethargic like I used to. Add me if you want.