Starting my morning exercise habit

Options
Hello everyone :)
I've heard and read a lot about morning exercise and I want to give it a try (at least sticking to it for the rest of the week). Hahahaha
Tomorrow morning off I go with a 9km run and a HIIT circuit (30 burpees, 30 mountain climbers, 30 in&out squat pulses, 20 plank jumps, 20 skiers... repeat 2 times). Then I'll have a good breakfast and start my day full of energy.

Who's with me?! :):)
I'll post daily about my results and plans

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I like to exercise in the morning, the air is still cool. Is this the first time doing exercise? It sounds like a lot all at once.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I workout every morning...
  • skonger
    skonger Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    During the week, I workout in the morning and on the weekends I sleep in and workout in the afternoons.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    sorry I like to work out in the evening. its when I have the most energy
  • vvvvv45501
    vvvvv45501 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like to exercise in the morning, the air is still cool. Is this the first time doing exercise? It sounds like a lot all at once.

Nono. I already have my routine and follow it consistently -> just in the evening and never in the morning
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you're kick starting your morning exercise with a 9K run? i hope your already a conditioned runner or its gonna be painful.
  • vvvvv45501
    Options
    Day 1 of morning exercise
    I went for a 9km run and did my short HIIT circuit.
    I felt amazing all day long. It gave me such an energy and positive boost all day long. I really really like the way I felt and I kept making more mindful decisions all day long!
    Tomorrow is another day and I think it will be a bit tougher! Waking up and going for a run is way easier for me but tomorrow I'll do 1 hour of HIIT and stationary bike sprints. That will be much more challenging and difficult hahahahah. Let's see how it goes.

Who else trained today then?
    Hope you had a nice day :)

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Regular 5:30 AM run this morning. Nice cool air and the roads all to myself. Done by 6:30.

Bed at 10 and do it again tomorrow (though I try not to run 3 days in a row so tomorrow will be a 45 minute 'active recovery' session on the elliptical).

Will run again Thursday AM (another slow distance run) and will close out my work week with a short speed run on Friday.
  • vvvvv45501
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Regular 5:30 AM run this morning. Nice cool air and the roads all to myself. Done by 6:30.

Bed at 10 and do it again tomorrow (though I try not to run 3 days in a row so tomorrow will be a 45 minute 'active recovery' session on the elliptical).

Will run again Thursday AM (another slow distance run) and will close out my work week with a short speed run on Friday.

Good job!!! I just woke up and I'm ready to exercise.

Guys... thoughts on something to eat before workouts? Yes or no?

• vvvvv45501
    Options
    Update....
    Day 2 of working out in the morning and the results are still successful!!! Actually even more than yesterday...
    I'm so happy because today I really understood how working out in the morning helps me taking more mindful decisions.
    Lately I've been extremely stressed and also a bit depressed sometimes. This led me to overeating and feeling even worse afterwards.
    Today has been a difficult day but I was able to keep going and make the correct and mindful decisions!!!!

So happy about that.
    Looking forward for tomorrow's workout.
    Thinking about a 9km run + some stairs sprints
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    There are no benefits over exercising in the morning over any time of day.
  • vvvvv45501
    Options

I truly think this is true. But it just makes me fell better and happier. Therefore, since I want to listen more to what my body wants instead of imposing myself things like they are punishments, I'm really positive about my experience with morning workouts
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

No, there isn't. This is totally up to a person and whether they're morning person or a night owl. I happen to have lots of energy in the morning and none in the evening. My regular, workouts are usually done by 7am, and I will only occasionaly do some extra stretching or yoga in the evening - if I feel like it.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options

The benefit for me is that I am more likely to run out of time at the end of the day and not workout at all!