Beachbody?

Options

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    The workout programs themselves are good but there's nothing special about their 'supplemental' products. They're really just the mechanism for a MLM scheme. Buy/borrow the workouts, find cheaper/better alternatives for the rest of it.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You can also look into Beachbody On-Demand - WITHOUT SHAKEOLOGY. It's by far the worst tasting protein out there and my best friend sells it. She knows how I feel - it's nasty!
  • HollyMarie595
    HollyMarie595 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, Thanks everyone for the input! I'll look into Beachbody On-demand. I just looked at the nutrition facts for shakeology and I don't call a protein shake that has only 11g of protein a protein shake! Is there any other protein shakes that come recommended? Looking for high protein and fibre content, along with all the good vitamins too! Thanks all
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Wow, Thanks everyone for the input! I'll look into Beachbody On-demand. I just looked at the nutrition facts for shakeology and I don't call a protein shake that has only 11g of protein a protein shake! Is there any other protein shakes that come recommended? Looking for high protein and fibre content, along with all the good vitamins too! Thanks all

I'm taking optimum nutrition whey protein, but it's not a meal replacement it's just pure protein for after a workout.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I would just look for a protein powder you like and fits the budget and take a multivitamin if you think you need it.

I personally use Body Nutrition Trutein because I think the flavors are amazing and you can buy samples to try. It's 25g protein and 2.5g fiber for 120 cals. If I'm trying to make a more balanced snack out of it, I'll throw it in the blender with some rolled oats and frozen greens. You'll get a lot of different suggestions here, mostly because what tastes "good" is so variable!
  • Courtney_Pagh
    Courtney_Pagh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest the On-Demand all access - you get all their programs streaming for $99/yr

I'm a huge fan of Shakeology....I have fibromyalgia & Shakeology gave me the nutritional foundation I needed to get off of nine prescriptions a day.
  • NikeItNow
    NikeItNow Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I am a Beachbody On Demand customer---and love it! No DVD's to deal with and streaming whenever you want! I love the price and yes, while I am a Coach(new coach and long time customer), I DO NOT push anything (in fact I do NOT sell anything either --just in it for the discounts really LoL). Love Shakeology as well and personally just like having a "all in one" place for fitness (the On Demand). :-) I believe the original post was asking about Beachbody and not shakeology in particular? --everyone is different but I do not call it a protein shake like some do. it's a great way to sneak in extra nutrition. Plain and simple. I used to spend more on my eating out and coffees in a month than Shakeology LoL
  • TomSWalker
    TomSWalker Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I'll double down on the Beachbody On-Demand. Really cheap, especially since most people only use the programs for 90 days and it comes with the first 30 days free. If you don't already have a Chromecast or an Apple TV, I'll also recommend you buy a Google Chromecast. This is a cheap (under $50) little device that plugs into the back of your TV and lets you stream the videos from your smartphone or iPad to the TV. This is the setup I use anyway. Also works for Netflix, YouTube, etc., so it's useful beyond your workouts (I have 2 young kids - YouTube cartoons have saved my life).

I've been doing P90 using B.O.D. and my wife does the 21 Day Fix. In terms of results, I've dropped 17 lbs in about 45 days, so yeah... they work if you follow them (diet is the most important thing though). Make sure you have a living room with enough space to do the workouts. Also, if you have neighbors below you, they might not like you for much longer if you work out first thing in the morning. Just saying. ;)

In terms of Protein Powder - I do not use Shakeology. My go-to is 1 cup Silk Coconut Milk (Unsweetened), handful of frozen strawberries, banana, 1 scoop MuscleTech French Vanilla Whey, blend. There might be better protein powders out there - this one is delicious and cheap, so it's what I use. Also, if you freeze your bananas (peel them first), it basically makes protein ice cream. #amazing.

Enjoy.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm another supporter of Beachbody On Demand!
    I am so scared to walk into a gym so BOD is the best thing for me. And I can do it in the mornings before the kids get out of bed. Pick a program and BOOM - it streams for me.

I do drink Shakeology, but only because I got it off someone that was selling it. I wouldn't pay the price they are charging online.
  • JullzGood
    JullzGood Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Love beach body programs, but I won't waste my money on that overpriced shakeology, even though it is so good lol. I've done p90x twice, insanity 3 times, T25 twice, and now I'm doing insanity max 30.finished it already and been doing month 2 over and over again for the past 5 months. Love it for days I don't go to the gym and want an intense HIIT workout. 100% recommend.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity with great results. No shakes needed for this girl.
    A friend of mine burned me a copy a few years ago. I'm thinking about buying some of their programs later on down the road.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    For protein, I make my own breakfast shakes with Premier Protein Ready to Drink Shakes as the base. They are 30g of protein for 160 calories each. I mix the vanilla with frozen fruit (pineapples, blueberries, etc.) or the chocolate ones with a little instant coffee and ice. My husband drinks the banana ones every morning, just plain from the bottle out of the fridge (but banana, yuck). Much cheaper than Shakeology's outrageous price for much less protein.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I love their workout programs! Most of them I got on sale, they do super steep discounts after christmas...BBL I got on amazon used...I have P90X/2/3, Brazil Butt Lift, Body Beast, and Les Mills Combat - love them all, worth every penny...they are fun and very effective!!!
  • melism1
    melism1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just got BOD and started P90 last week.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love the beachbody workouts so much - I have done T25 and Max30. I have just started insanity and it is a real challenge but Shaun T is so motivational. Feel free to add me if anyone is doing a beachbody workout - I could use some support :-D
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    NikeItNow wrote: »
    I am a Coach(new coach and long time customer), I DO NOT push anything (in fact I do NOT sell anything either --just in it for the discounts really LoL).

This "just in it for the discounts" must be the new line pushed by BeachBody corporate, because this is not the first BB Coach who I have seen using this line, which seems like the pinnacle of BS.

How much stuff are you buying from Beachbody to where you want to pay a monthly fee of somewhere between $80-100 to get that stuff. There's only so much product they offer between videos and fitness equipment, and sorry, Shakeology isn't worth their monthly fee.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My rant above aside, the only BB program worth anything falls under the P90X umbrella. Every other video program is pretty much overrated and/or not worth the money they are charging for it. Shakeology is overpriced tripe, and the "business opportunity"...ahem...scam is a complete ripoff.
  • TomSWalker
    TomSWalker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My rant above aside, the only BB program worth anything falls under the P90X umbrella. Every other video program is pretty much overrated and/or not worth the money they are charging for it. Shakeology is overpriced tripe, and the "business opportunity"...ahem...scam is a complete ripoff.

Nah, I disagree. I did the original P90X when I was 23 or something and got into crazy shape. Now at 33 and 40 lbs heavier (when I started), there's no way in hell I'd have been able to jump straight into P90X/2/3 without some sort of "warm up" to get back to basic fitness. The workouts are too damn hard for someone who isn't fit. P90 fit the bill perfectly and I'm feeling I'll be able to "graduate" to P90X when I wrap up the program in 30 days.

My wife is way out of shape (birthing two kids will do that), and even the basic P90 is too intense for her. She doesn't have time to go to the gym (I mentioned those two kids), so 30 minutes on 21 Day Fix is perfect. Basically, she's finished her workout in the time it would take to just travel to the gym, let alone work out.

The beauty of Beach Body Online is that there's something for just about everyone - dance stuff, yoga, weight lifting, equipment-free, etc., and different intensities from beginner to freakshow. It's also super cheap - I think it's $2.99 per week or something (paid quarterly). That's basically gas money for 2 trips to the gym.

I don't work for Beach Body. I'm not a coach. Just a guy who has lost over 18lbs in 2 months with their programs and has become a fan. P90X is definitely their flagship and it's also the series that I prefer, but the other programs aren't necessarily "not worth anything" - they simply don't fit with what you're trying to achieve.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I have never tried P90X, so can't compare their other workouts to it. However, I have tried so many other dvds: Turbo Jam 1, 2, and 3, Rockin'body, Hip hop Abs, Cize, PiYo, Insanity fast and furious, Tony's cardio 3&4, and T25 alpha and beta. These are all great workouts. I find most of them to be very fun and engaging (and some are very challenging) not overrated.