New healthy lifestyle, I could always use advice/tips/recipes!

Options
Hi I am Brittany. I am new to Fitness Pal and i have had the app for a while but always forget to use it. I am making a lot of good healthy and positive changes in my life. Please feel free to send me some healthy recipes, work out ideas, or just anything honestly. Have a great day! :)

Replies

• chernandez77
    chernandez77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany. I'm new to fitness pal also but not new to health and fitness. I've been a trainer for years have worked with athletes to pregnant moms. I'm very knowledable to all sorts of fitness tips. I also teach self defense to females and boxing and kick boxing as well. I'd love to share tips of any kind with you and help you through your process no matter what it is.
  • Britt_Nicole89
    Britt_Nicole89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. Yes I would really appreciate any tip or advice. I have a trainer and he is great but I'm still open to other opinions and advice. Everyone's body is different.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Hi. It really depends on your diet/goals. In my case, I'm trying to get down to a healthy BMI range while preserving as much muscle as I can along the way.

I'm 45, female, 5'3", starting weight 254 lbs, currently 181, goal 130. I'm kosher and ovo-lacto vegetarian. Presently, I'm not restricting my diet beyond that. I try to hit my protein target and my iron RDA. The rest falls where it falls, which usually means coming close to or over on carbs and 50 to 60% of target on fat. I make room for treats and try to keep homemade desserts to 200 calories per serving or less.

The only place where I've really changed things are when we go out to eat. We don't do it a lot, but we do on occasion. Generally, I prefer to go where I've checked the menu ahead of time and some of what I used to order (like the salad-bowl-sized serving of pasta in sauce topped with cheese!?) I don't anymore. There are other options.

I don't have a gym membership and I work out at home with a book on strength training and light weights. (Currently 3lb to 10lb dumbbells and I'm up to 5lbs on my ankle weight, but it's adjustable and can take up to 20). I also use a stability ball and cardio step for some of the exercises. For cardio, I've got a fitness glider and I enjoy walking.

If any of that sounds like stuff you'd like more details on, ask away!