Starting Over With 100lbs+ To Lose!

Hi everyone thanks for checking out my post. Today is the first day of me starting my weight loss journey...again :/ ! I've used MFP in the past and a Fitbit and it really helped me keep track of my calorie intake and kind of made me force myself to do extra steps and exercise, so a great motivator.

I've always been overweight and a few years ago I lost quite a lot but sadly it's crept back on. I do struggle emotionally and find it hard to open up to friends and family but easier talking to strangers, specially those who are going through the same thing and understand. I think a lot of it is comfort snacking and the sadder I've been the less motivated I am to do anything. It's hit me lately that's it's really getting out of hand and that I seriously need to do something about it, so here I am. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 9lbs away from being back to my all time heaviest, and I've gained 40lbs in the last 18 months...I was devastated and so annoyed with myself for ruining all the hard work I'd done previously. But it is what it is, it's a new day and a new opportunity for change, I just have to be positive and start again.

I turned 35 this time last week, I'm single with no children and live alone apart from my 8 month old bearded dragon Maia so have the advantage of not seeing other people's treats and junk food in my cupboards and safe to say I won't be snacking on her crickets lol.

Anyway I'd like to wish you every success with your weight loss journey and would be grateful if you would friend me, the more support, motivation and inspiration the better! :) x

Replies

• ahmedmahdy888
    ahmedmahdy888 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2017
    It's really inspiring reading your words about coming back, i've been in the same situation from a year before i wheighted 90 kilograms and i started a diet and at that time it took a month and half i lost 17 kilograms,
    I stayed 73 kilograms for more than 8 months then i turned again to 84 kilograms, i started a diet from 3 weeks and i lost 6 kilos within that time and i'm on my way.
    Thanks for your inspiring words and we will never walk alone
  • StarLady82
    StarLady82 Posts: 28 Member
    @ahmedmahdy888 thank you for your reply. People who haven't really battled with their weight don't understand, they just say things like it's easy to lose weight just stop putting food in your mouth which is a ridiculous thing to say as we need to eat to live. I'm so glad you're having success with your weight loss, stories like yours really inspire and motivate, thank you! :)
  • ahmedmahdy888
    ahmedmahdy888 Posts: 5 Member
    You are always welcome starlady, just go ahead, fight and find your goals among the troubles, not only in diet and sports, but in your whole life
  • PISTASZCZUK
    PISTASZCZUK Posts: 20 Member
    Good luck with your journey and if you need support please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • StarLady82
    StarLady82 Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you @PISTASZCZUK :)