Snack Ideas?

Options
I just started focusing on losing weight and I have a problem finding healthy snack alternatives. Any suggestions

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't have to snack. It's optional. You can get in sufficient nutrition through regular, ordinary meals. It may even relieve obsession with food, if you have that.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Fruit has always been my go to...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My afternoon snack is nearly always a protein bar. After dinner, I usually have ice cream, chocolate or Sour Patch Kids, depending on how many calories/macros I have left.
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I like: cucumbers w fetta cheese, Sargento balanced brakes, egg whites/ham/pickles, canned chicken/sunflower seeds, any fruit, any veg, veggie straws, nuts, basically anything u want as long as it fits into your calorie goals. Or chose not to snack and eat larger meals. Whatever works for u.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer sweet or savory? Fruit with flax and yogurt, or cut peppers with hummus are my two favs. Popcorn if time is short.
  • Akkael
    Akkael Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, nuts, peanut butter & apples, hummus& veggies
  • Katherinelittle24
    Katherinelittle24 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like lots of different snacks. I tend to mix it up. I actually just went to the grocery story and bought some 80 calories vanilla greek yogurt, little snack bags that come with bake chips, pretzels and popcorn and its usually 140 calories and less for each bag, 100 calorie popcorn bags....I try to get snacks that are easy for me to track :)
  • Katherinelittle24
    Katherinelittle24 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ooooo hummus and vegetables are a great snack! I didn't get that this time but hummus is so good and it's very filling
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    My afternoon snack, which is really closer to a meal, often incorporates vegetables, cottage cheese and rice cakes/crackers.

For supper it is fruit, nuts and yogurt. Of and dark chocolate is calories allow.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Depends oh what you consider a snack. I usually go for popcorn, fruit, Kind bar, fiber bar, or a Sargenttos balanced break.
  • Irmaz777
    Irmaz777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Almonds
    Rice cakes
    Protein bars
  • mogsyfatty
    mogsyfatty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    fat Free Yougharts, Skinny Popcorn, Fruit
  • sue3193
    sue3193 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you pre bag your almonds and stuff so you will have them ready so you dont over snack?