Excessive Heat & No Desire to Eat

Options
Does anyone else have difficultly eating with its super hot?? Its 106˚ today plus heat index & humidity - BLAH! .... these days I feel like doing NOTHING, not even eating. All I want to do is sit around and drink water... you know the AC can't keep up (they say AC is only meant to keep it 25˚ cooler than outside temps... So 106 + heat index is easily 115 so I'm looking at at LEAST 90 when I'm used to 65ish in my house...

I hate to be debbie downer but how do you make it through these hot and humid days? I'm from Va and its always been hot but this is one of the hottest years we've had in quite some time... we keep having record breaking temperatures. I know its awful to not eat because your body just stores that fat, that I'm trying to rid, but I have zero desire to eat.

Am I alone here? Does anyone have tips that make it easier for them?

Replies

• gracefullyjenn
    Options
    protein shakes!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    my favorite one is a scoop of chocolate whey, 1/2 banana, 1 cup almond breeze, 2 tbsp peanut butter and ice yummers
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Same here...although we don't get that hot!

Protein shakes mixed with milk and blended with some ice. Fruit smoothies, cereal, salads, protein/meal replacement bars. Anything that doesn't require you to cook!

Good luck!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's ever been a time when I'v been too "anything" to eat - too hot, too stressed, too upset, too happy. But, I do find that I'm craving more ice cold salads during this very hot summer and cold drinks. I never used to like lemon in my water but that seems to make it more thirst quenching in the heat?
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'm Texas and live on the 3rd floor of my apartment complex...a.k.a. the hottest floor since everyones heat rises plus I get DIRECT afternoon sunlight on all my windows! I'm usually not very hungry by the time I get home, I just want to rest! Smoothies are good. I made my first one this past weekend. Threw some frozen mixed fruit, a small container of plain greek yogurt, a little milk and some ice in the blender. It was a very filling, nice cool treat. Tasted just like frozen yogurt! Sometimes just a little beef jerky and a cheese stick will get it done. And, if you're anything like me, it's easier to get the water intake in if the cup is pretty, shaped a certain way and has a certain lid. So I have my "Awesome Cup" that I drink out of when I'm super hot just to get the intake in. Usually after 2 or 3 of them, I cool off enough to start building a little bit of an appetite and have the energy to cook dinner.
  • edouglas3
    edouglas3 Posts: 13
    Options
    i snack on carrots on hot days, they're cold and crunchy and it takes your mind off the ridiculous temps!
  • ParadiseSkye
    Options
    I'm in Texas and it's like that here too. I get the same way when it's hot outside. A lot of water is great and it helps if I eat things that are cold. For lunch I've been bringing a cold sandwich in my lunchbox because I've not been wanting to eat anything hot. At home I find it helps to keep fruit in the fridge for snacks.
  • ParadiseSkye
    Options
    Smoothies are really good too.
  • crazynay96
    crazynay96 Posts: 99
    Options
    Thats a great idea. I may have to run to the store. I'm already in the heat anyway, right? I don't eat peanut butter, I'm lactose intolerant and I have a lot of fruit allergies but I found one that looks good which also avoids me having to go to GNC (so quick grocery run) to get the stuff I need...

Fruit n’ Bran Protein Shake Recipe

1 cup apple juice
    ½ banana, fresh
    1/3 cup blueberries
    1 tsp bran
    3 tbsp oats
    ice cubes

Thanks for that idea! If there are others keep em coming! I love this site more everyday!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    my favorite one is a scoop of chocolate whey, 1/2 banana, 1 cup almond breeze, 2 tbsp peanut butter and ice yummers

Oh YUM!! That sounds like a Reeses in a cup with a banana kick!!! My mouth is watering now!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    its what I am drinking right now lol
  • crazynay96
    crazynay96 Posts: 99
    Options
    found this and thought I'd share - many look super good!

101 Protein Shake Recipes...

http://fatlossschool.com/76-protein-shake-recipes/