Started intermittent fasting this week and I am loving it.

Options
pwhitechurch
pwhitechurch Posts: 72 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I have one problem, I'm barely hungry after my first meal, 16/8. 1:00. I'm finding it hard to get in my daily calories. I was thinking of moving the start time to noon. Suggestions anyone??

Replies

• pwhitechurch
    Options
    *I meant the first meal time to noon instead of 1:00.
  • spike47
    spike47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 20/4 for 1 week and I love it! I am never hungry anyway so this is working very well for me. I am not eating the calories either, but I am more focused on my macros right now. This is the best thing I have ever done and I have had some awesome weight loss since starting on July 17........When I am in ketosis I am never hungry, so I am not going to worry about that...I feel great, have lots of energy.....How are you doing??
  • pwhitechurch
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am doing good lots of energy, but way below MFP calories. You're right (not to worry too much) as long as it's healthy eating. I workout intensely too, so my deficit is even higher. Love the gym.
  • spike47
    spike47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The gym is great. I do not workout at the gym but I do light stuff at home. Keep up the great work and I wish you all the best. Cheers~
  • pwhitechurch
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I know they matter, but I am force feeding myself, so I was going to move up the time. I just started, I guess I'll figure it out at some point.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I know they matter, but I am force feeding myself, so I was going to move up the time. I just started, I guess I'll figure it out at some point.

Yeah, I sort of stopped short. My bad.

It can take some experimentation to figure out what times, and what types of food work best for you. It might just be a matter of settling into a certain pattern for your hunger to catch up. In the meantime, you can add higher-calorie food to bridge the gap.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options

Yeah, I sort of stopped short. My bad.

It can take some experimentation to figure out what times, and what types of food work best for you. It might just be a matter of settling into a certain pattern for your hunger to catch up. In the meantime, you can add higher-calorie food to bridge the gap.

This.

Add higher calorie things like nuts, seeds, peanut butter etc, until you get settled with your IF pattern.
  • pwhitechurch
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. Not a fan of nuts, but hey anything helps that's healthy. Will do, peanut butter I can handle and trail mix.
  • MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do a 17/7 and it works well for me. 1p-8p. If you firce feed yourself at your start time for a few days your bidy will start to expect food ar that time every day.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. Not a fan of nuts, but hey anything helps that's healthy. Will do, peanut butter I can handle and trail mix.

Trail mix is great, granola too! Dried fruit, real butter, olive oil etc -all calorie bombs lol :)
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I usually do 14/10-16/8 and I like it a lot. I like two volumous meals rather than three smaller ones.
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i do 18/6
    i love it. i agree with adding to your cooking: olive oil,
    also coconut oil, butter. that helps add calories without having to eat alot of extra.
  • pwhitechurch
    Options
    Thank you both. @JaxxieKat did you you lose weight on the 14/10? Also, I read that they recommended the 14/10 for women. What are your times on the 14/10?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. @JaxxieKat did you you lose weight on the 14/10? Also, I read that they recommended the 14/10 for women. What are your times on the 14/10?

Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. Eating your calories within a certain period of time may help you adhere to your calorie goal more easily, but lengthening or shortening the time in which you eat will make no difference to your weight loss...
  • pwhitechurch
    Options
    Thanks for your reply but I was talking to @JaxxieKat
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. Eating your calories within a certain period of time may help you adhere to your calorie goal more easily, but lengthening or shortening the time in which you eat will make no difference to your weight loss...
    Wow! Whoever flagged this for abuse is abusing the flag system. Not even remotely abusive.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Why was this flagged?

I second this. It's irrelevant. You do best on what you do best. Experiment and see which pattern balances everything just right. It doesn't even have to be neat numbers. It's perfectly okay to go 15.25/8.75 if need be.
  • brandi8484
    brandi8484 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love IF! I have done it for a long time. It helps me because I have less time to eat, which helps less calorie intake more easily.

I'm a 2-10 eater which has depleted my 20 year sleep eating problem I had!

it's been a very helpful tool
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options

I lose weight, because I track calories and eat at a deficit. The fasting is mainly due to how I like to structure my meals. When I'm on 14/10 I eat no later than 10pm and eat lunch around noon.