Started p90x on 01/19/09

Options
2»

Replies

• dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    I use the Body Fortress Whey Protein from Walmart. It is very high in protein 26 grams per scoop and very low in carbs like 2 grams per scoop. I do add it to milk which adds some carbs and it makes it taste like chocolate milk. It also contains a little creatine which helps during and after the workouts. It is pretty good quality protein for the price (around $13). I couldn't see how many calories you are consuming, but if it is around 2000 it is probably right.

thats awesome im going to pick some up tommorrow .. !!! thanks a bunch.. your the best
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    END OF THE WEEK 2 RESULTS

weight 194.0 -5.4LBS

chest 42" +.75"

waist 38.75 -1.50"

hips 37.75 -1.25"

right thigh 25 0

left thigh 25 0

UNFLEXED right arm 13.25 +.25"

UNFLEXED left arm 13.00 +.25"

p90x011compareweek2.jpg

p90x007compare2.jpg

p90x011COMPARE.jpg

p90x009compare2.jpg

p90x008compare2.jpg
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    Bro- If you packed 1755 calories into 3 meals, that is way to heavY! Split it up!!! Follow the guide!!!! lol..

As far as fjtcjt reccommendation for protein powder, Body Fortress is NOT, and I repeat NOT an option for P90X users. You will not get anything out of it, why?

Nutritionally it lacks!! Go spend twice the money on Optimum Nutrition Protein. It has been THE BEST protein for your buck nutritionally speaking. 23g quality protein isolate, not concentrate like fortress. Adds about 6 g of amino acids which are important for protein synthesis, I'm not sure on the specs of body fortress, but I just know from the years of being around Protein powders, Body fortress is a joke. It costs less than the others for a reason....do not waste your time.

Options for food?

Chicken, Chicken & More chicken! Spice and Herb it up! Cumin, Paprika, Garlic are your best friends! USE THEM! lol.

The first month, I just ate protein packed meals. I wouldn't eat it if it was less than 10-15 g of protein. It is easy as that! So I just bought lots of lean meat (Turkey & Fish) and POUND IT DOWN! Cook a bunch twice a week and refrigerate! That will be the best thing to do and take it with you to work.

I have more in mind, but this is a good start so stay with it- after my first month, Iost 7 lbs. I am already fairly lean, and you'll be suprised at how much definition you obtain.

Good Luck, and Bring it! Anytime you get weak, go on youtube and type in P90x. Sit back, watch, and think about your progress and goals.
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    Also, NO MORE 12" SUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is rediculous! I love watching people go into subway and just laying on the cheese and double meat! 1500 grams of sodium is tops. THere is damn near that much in a 6" sandwhich! CMON! lol. Get on track- you'll get it. Stick to the diet though otherwise you will not come anywhere near what you want to obtain by end of 3 month.
  • xtraquispe
    xtraquispe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looking great, keep up the hard work!

I am also a career firefighter, and P90X is taking the fire service by storm! You'll be able to perform much better when you get through, and that in return will save your life!!