Pulled groin?

Options
So I wanted to get your guys's opinions on my situation.

I do kung fu and last night I was in the chinese splits (straight on) and shifted to the american splits (facing to one side). When I shifted, my body and left leg moved to the side, but it felt like the muscle and tendon in my right groin didn't shift with me, and almost kept facing forward. If that makes sense. A second later I felt the muscle shifting really slowly over the tendon and sliding into place, which hurt--to say the least.

I did continue to do full kicks and stances the whole night but it hurt like hell. When I got home I did some mild stretching and tried to relax and sit the rest of the night. When I stood up towards the end of the night, the muscle felt stiff but didn't hurt as much.
I took some ibuprofen last night and this morning. I've been RICEing it and trying to take it easy. It feels much better than it did last night, though it still hurts a little to walk.

Here's my problem. My dad and I have been planning for a couple weeks to hike to the top of a mountain I live by, and we're scheduled to do it tomorrow. This hike means a LOT to me and my dad as well. It's highly unlikely that I'll decide not to do it.

I just want your opinions/advice on the matter. It's been a couple years since I've pulled my groin and I've never been in a situation where I was going to climb a mountain with a pulled groin.

I guess I'm slightly surprised it felt better so fast. If it didn't feel better, I would call the hike off, but since it doesn't hurt as much I have hope that the pull isn't as bad as I initially thought. Am I being stupid? What would you guys do?

Replies

• chernandez77
    chernandez77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Groin pulls or no joke they can hurt a lot. You would just need to rest it for a while. I love girls that take martial arts. I teach self defense to females and it is such a good thing to learn
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    7 year necro? Okie dokie.