Serious lack of will power!!!

Options
3 weeks in... 1st week GREAT, 2nd week okay and my 3rd week has been terrible

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Get back at it.

Maybe you've cut your calories too low? It shouldn't be particularly difficult unless you are under-eating.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Maybe shoot for okay every week? If you can't hang with the plan you chose it might be time to slow things down a bit. Losing slowly is better than trying to lose so quickly that you keep going off plan.

Same with exercise. Ease into it. Increase when it becomes too easy.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to do too much at once? Maybe change your calorie goal or try picking one or two new habits at a time and focus and getting those down before you go whole hog. Doing good 75% of the time beats being perfect 25% of the time.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Time for some introspection. What went wrong and why?
  • MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Are you fillowung your macros? If so, have you tried changing them up?
  • tasheggers
    tasheggers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am allowed 1400 calories a day. I havent been following macros as I am new to this and not to sure how they work. At the end of week 2, I had a "cheat" day and just cant seem to get back into the swing of things.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had 3 months of solid work and had to take the last 2 weeks off due to bad shoulder/neck pain (think I have a pinched nerve).

Been having a heck of a time getting back into it. Haven't gained anything back so not too worried but my mindset is out of the game right now.

I know if I force myself through a week of logging meals and working out I will be set but the first week of commitment is a hard one.
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat- I did well for a few months and the last few months have been a disaster. Please feel free to add me if you want some extra support! I'm trying to get back into an upswing again.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you're logging all food, don't worry about calories for now, you can gradually adjust, rather than dropping all at once
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If cheat days derail you then maybe it's a good idea to avoid them? I personally can't do cheat days because if I take one day off then I'm at serious risk of never going back "on". Instead, you can look into how you can incorporate treats and things that you like into every day, meaning there's no need to 'cheat'. For example, I buy myself boxes of fancy chocolates and allow myself one at the end of each day as a little reward to myself for sticking within my calorie allowance, going to the gym etc. Since I'm not cutting out chocolate entirely, it prevents me from craving it and going nuts on a much larger chocolate bar. There's plenty of small things that you can do to eat what you like, while still fitting within your daily calorie allowance; like having smaller portions or finding lower-calorie recipes for your favourite dishes. Alternatively some people do better with having a weekly calorie goal so that you can 'save up' calories for the weekend or whenever you're more likely to indulge. That way it's all part of the plan, not 'cheating' at all :)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    tasheggers wrote: »
    Thank you everyone! I am allowed 1400 calories a day. I havent been following macros as I am new to this and not to sure how they work. At the end of week 2, I had a "cheat" day and just cant seem to get back into the swing of things.

It can be hard to bounce back from a high cal day or series of days. I frequently fail throughout my day/week as far as eating choices go, but as long as I win more often over the long run it all evens out.

I have cut back on exercise for a few days, so am eating lower cals. You can peek at my diary to see how my macros look. (FYI, the yogurt logged is usually the non-sugar sweetened stuff, should you try to make one of my high protein yogurt snacks. :) )

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/CoachJen71