Today was a big day for me.

Options
I started this healthier eating part of my life just confiding in MFP. When I started to lose some weight my mum asked about it so I told her. Today at badminton with my friend she was like "you really look like you've lost weight"....... it was the first time any of my friends had noticed or said anything at least. I was so happy... it must be noticable. I told her i lost 20lb and she was like... "omg! wow!!" she was so happy for me.

I was embarrassed .... I hate talking about it but she knows now and when two of my other close friends came up later she was just like... "Jess has lost 20lb!!!! 20lb!!" they were so happy for me too.... It felt so good!!! One of my friends just said "HOW?!" and looked a bit like I was craaaazy!! (And slightly jealous which, as bad as it sounds... I quite liked! Cause she's slim!) But either way they were very happy for me. And it feels so good that they know now!! And will make it all a lot easier!!!!

Replies

• savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's always nice when people recognize your hard work!
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself! 20lbs is a big accomplishmetn....and I know what you mean it feels GREAT when friends and others notice. I however, also understand your embarassment. I do not publicise my journey except to those who are in my immediate circle(and eat with me daily). I want this to be about me and for me.....

But anywho....congrats on your AMAZING accomplishments!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!! small changes lead to big changes... :) You rock it girl!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!