Hi! I'm new(ish) and am looking to connect with supportive people!

Options
Hi! My name is Shannon and I have been on MFP since the beginning of this year, but have not really gotten on track, until the past 5 weeks. I've been doing pretty well, but it looks like there are some supportive people out there, and I could really benefit from some interaction on here! I am a really busy on the go social worker (I work for a special needs adoption agency), so with lots of travel and crazy hours, my schedule varies but I AM NOT USING THAT AS AN EXCUSE ANYMORE!!! I have PCOS and have struggled with infertility for nearly a decade, and from what I've seen, there are some other folks on here that have the same diagnosis. I'd love to meet you and make new friends. I'm open to recommendations for support and please feel free to add me!

Have a great day,
Shannon

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You totally can do it. Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • EZSTPETES
    EZSTPETES Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon: I signed up a few months back but am committed to doing this. Hoping to find community in this slow and steady journey :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon - I have been at this properly (had many serial starts/fake attempts previously) for about 8 months now, I am about half way to my initial goal weight, approx 35lb of 70lb loss. I haven't got PCOS but I have had hormonal issues in the past so I can understand it can seem a lot harder when you have health issues.