What is everyone eating for breakfast?

Options
MJDuley
MJDuley Posts: 47 Member
I'm not usually hungry for a good hour or two after I get up (I can't force myself to eat when I'm not hungry; it makes me sick to my stomach) and by then I'm at work so breakfast has to be light (I get about 20 minutes to eat, sometimes less), portable and something that won't spoil easily (I drive a school bus).

I've been trying to pack things like fruit, cheese (in a small insulated lunch bag), crackers, nuts, granola, etc. I'm finding that I end up ravenous by lunchtime, then I overdo it and my calorie goals are shot for the day before it's even dinner time. Any suggestions?

Replies

• billzg1
    billzg1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can always make some sandwitches and pack them up with whatever you like in them i prefer to make em with peanut butter +greek yogurt +jelly they are pretty good in terms of taste and quite healthy with the correct ingredients
  • its_whisper
    its_whisper Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    mine vary day by day but usually I'll have toast with coffee or a veggie burger with coffee or milk. Sounds odd but i eat whatever in the mornings lol. For your job I would pack fruit and peanutbutter in a container to take with me. It's light, healthy and you won't have to rush to eat.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Maybe try high protein items, many people find those help keep them satiated longer. My go-to's are Greek yogurt (sometimes I add a little protein powder, but that's mainly for flavor), cottage cheese, and hard-boiled eggs. All would be portable and quick, and in an insulated bag should keep until lunch.
  • MJDuley
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm definitely going to try them! :)
  • Copper1022
    Copper1022 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is simple....toasted English muffin with (measured) peanut butter. My other favorite is a hard boiled egg with a Morning Star Sausage Patty. I'm a Vegetarian, so I don't eat meat. Morning Star has great products.
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I make brown rice with egg and veggies. Would be hard to eat for you though since you can't warm it up. Otherwise hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese with fruit.
  • ldizquierdo
    ldizquierdo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Juniper210 thank you for sharing those recipes. I will try them. MJDuley, most of the time I had 1.4 cup of steal cut oats with half a banana. Sometimes I get hungry though, the one that really keep full for longer is to place half teaspoon of olive oil, and add a chopped tomato, onions, garlic, green pepper, mushrooms, let it cook for about 3 minutes, then add 1 whole egg and a cup of whites. I like to add some spicy Mexican salsa. That makes a lot of food and it is only 180 calories with a cup of black coffee without sugar. That is certainly a bargain. It I want to cheat, I usually do it during my breakfast. I am Not allow to do it later.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Coffee. 2 creams 3 sugars.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Usually just a large mug of unsweetened tea for me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy & usually not hungry when I get up at 5:30ish in the morning for work so usually I just grab a protein bar to eat for my first break at work. I find that keeps me filled up until lunch at 10:00-12:30 (times that my lunch can vary).

Very rarely will I have oatmeal mixed with some protein powder.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Kirkland - Greek Yogurt (Black Cherry), 6 oz.
    Mp Combat Powder - Protein Powder- Cookies N Cream, 0.71 scoop (add to yogurt)
    Quaker Organic - Instant Oatmeal - Maple & Brown Sugar, 41 g (1 packet)
    Keurig Donut Shop - Coconut Mocha Coffee
    Eight O'clock Coffee K-Cup - Eight O'clock Hazelnut Kcup,
    Quest Protien Bar - Vanilla Almond Crunch, 1 bar
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    For me to stay satisfied, I need protein and/or fat with some fiber-rich carbs.

- Full-fat plain yogurt w/ berries & nuts
    - Overnight oats w/ berries & nuts
    - Peanut butter & sliced banana sandwich on dense whole-wheat bread
    - An apple, a cheese stick or nuts, Triscuits

And coffee. Always coffee.

• MJDuley
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I like all the ideas!
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, cantaloupe/apple, and coffee. Lots of it.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    A breakfast (or regular) burrito, well wrapped is a very easy and filling breakfast for someone with limited time on the go. You can make them yourself and freeze them or buy premade ones whichever fits your schedule best. Microwave it and wrap in foil to keep it warm until you can eat it.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I have a small coffee (with milk and sugar) and string cheese when I wake up around 7, then a second string cheese when I get to work, usually around 9. I usually start eating lunch around 11:30 but I can eat while I work. I think if I couldn't I'd probably go for some fruit or nuts around the same time to tide me over.