Losing the Baby Weight. Again.

Options
Hi all. I'm looking for a tribe of women to join me on my quest to lose the baby weight. Again. Not only that but to get to the root of why we're not able to do all of the things necessary to keep it off for good.

Send me a message if this resonates.

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am still working on losing my baby weight... nearly 6 years after the fact :o I am more than willing to support you!
  • LeeanneEkland
    LeeanneEkland Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's great! It's nice to know we're not alone in this :)

This is my first time in the community so still figuring things out. I created a group so you're welcome to join if you like.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm losing my baby weight nearly 16 years after the first one! :D:D
  • LeeanneEkland
    Options
    You go girl! What's your plan?
  • lexismom1014
    lexismom1014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 3 times baby weight for all three of my booger butts:) it took me three years to lose baby weight from my 1st baby now I've gained it all back with the other two!
  • LeeanneEkland
    Options
    I've offically got about 30 pounds of baby weight and then another 30 of prebaby. I'm really concerned, that at my age, once I lose the weight there'll be a lot of excess skin to deal with. I think that is worse than being overweight so maybe I have to shoot for 40 pounds or so. Or maybe that is an excuse? I'm curious to know your thoughts. I just turned 50 btw.
  • LeeanneEkland
    Options
    I have 3 times baby weight for all three of my booger butts:) it took me three years to lose baby weight from my 1st baby now I've gained it all back with the other two!

I'm not saying I like your post cause that sucks. However I do appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts:)
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yep. After having my first two I struggled and finally got back to a healthy BMI. Over the years my weight slowly crept back up and then we found out we were expecting again. My youngest just turned a year old and I'm working on getting back to that healthy BMI. I lost the weight I gained with this last pregnancy, but I'm still overweight. I've got about 20 lbs to go...
  • LeeanneEkland
    Options
    It sounds like you'll be able to do it. Youve done it before! What's your secret?
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of with you lol I was 286 pounds when I conceived my son and I was 252 when he was born. He is now 3.5 and I hit 300 pounds when I decided I need a life style change and get under 200 pounds. Lol
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    No secret, just trying to make myself get back on the wagon every time I fall off...which happens often :smile:
  • LeeanneEkland
    Options
    @daisyfields79 When did you start this time around?
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just recently July 24th I cut back a bit but got serious on the 25th
  • babygrl626
    babygrl626 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm back on MFP after having my second baby. I got really lucky with the first, I lost the weight right away & another 10lbs! (Sorry don't hate me). However after this second one here, I'm still 20lbs heavier. I'm on here trying to lose 20-25lbs while I'm still nursing. So I'm not too hard on myself for eating an extra 500-1000 calories. But. I definitely need to get more exercise. With a 20mo old and 2mo old it's been hard getting motivated
  • sarahkat0
    sarahkat0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this tribe! I just had baby #2 on 03/28. It took me about a year and a half to lose the weight from baby #1. Now i have, just like you Leeanne, about 30 post baby lbs and maybe 30 or so pre-baby lbs. I started a strict no carb/sugar diet a few weeks ago, and my breastmilk supply plummeted so badly, that I've had to re-evaluate things and unfortunately I just gave up all together. I still track, but I'm not really making any progress.
  • saraichka
    saraichka Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll message you! I have a 5 month old, and have lost about 40ish of the 70 pounds I gained while pregnant. I have 33 pounds left to lose from this pregnancy, and another 27 from pre-pregnancy. I've been looking for a tribe... Thanks!!
  • bselke83
    bselke83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have two babies my first was born 8/16/14 and my second was born 11/21/16. I have struggled with weight loss most of my life. I give into sweets, junk food to easily. Its def way harder for me this time around now with working, taking care of my family, trying to keep my house from looking like a war zone and just me time (which is usually playing a game or browsing the internet on my phone in bed after I get the kids asleep). I've been on diets after diets and really looking for a group of ladies to help my motivation and have a support system.
  • saraichka
    saraichka Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Unable to message, please let me know what the name of the group is. Thanks!
  • LeeanneEkland
    Options
    Wow. Had I known how many women would be here looking for and giving support I would have joined the community eons ago.

Thanks so much for all your comments. Now that we have a few people here, how would you like this to go?

I created a group if that works or is his discussion thread better?

And go...
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Either way, although I'll think you'll see more regular updates if we just keep this thread. I keep forgetting groups exist :o