KOREAN FOOD FOR DIET FOOD #1

Options
As for snacks/food try Korean foods... my favourite diet food is BI BIM BAP

150g brown rice(cooked), tons of spinach, tons of sprouts, tons of mushrooms, 50g 90% lean ground beef, Chinese spicy sauce.

Mix it in a big bowl.

You have a filling 400kcal , healthy meal ---> don't use the auto input on mfp for bibimbap that you purchase when you eat out because they use 3x more rice than you would at home and half the vegetables.

Also look up HWE DUP BAP. Same concept except you do it with lettuce + tuna sashimi + 150g rice + spicy sauce

Replies

• ORP0741
    ORP0741 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Most of my weight loss is from eating Korean food at least 4 times a week.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Only eat Korean food occasionally.

Love bi bim bap but wouldn't call it diet food.

On the other hand, I make my own kimchi which is very low cal and also probiotic but it would be hard to base a diet on eating kimchi alone.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    So I can lose weight if I eat a shitload of bulgogi and rice all the time?
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    orangegato wrote: »

Nope. But you will lose weight if that "shitload" of bulgogi, kalbi or rice fits your calorie intake for the day :) CICO my friend is the name of this game. Always.

I wasn't being serious. More facetious really. But I'm not sure OP understands the CICO concept by the title of the thread. I know that I do.
  • michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I drink barley tea all day long at work. I love the flavor and it keeps me hydrated. Also, it keeps me from drinking my calories.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Nope. But you will lose weight if that "shitload" of bulgogi, kalbi or rice fits your calorie intake for the day :) CICO my friend is the name of this game. Always.

I wasn't being serious. More facetious really. But I'm not sure OP understands the CICO concept by the title of the thread. I know that I do.

Well we don't know OP's stats and a 400 cal meal is something even I could fit in, and that dish is gonna be filling with all that fibre.
  • Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The bibimbap I made last night came in around 1000 calories, so...
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    As for snacks/food try Korean foods... my favourite diet food is BI BIM BAP

150g brown rice(cooked), tons of spinach, tons of sprouts, tons of mushrooms, 50g 90% lean ground beef, Chinese spicy sauce.

Mix it in a big bowl.

You have a filling 400kcal , healthy meal ---> don't use the auto input on mfp for bibimbap that you purchase when you eat out because they use 3x more rice than you would at home and half the vegetables.

Also look up HWE DUP BAP. Same concept except you do it with lettuce + tuna sashimi + 150g rice + spicy sauce

this sounds so good!