Gym day off

Options
Who else feel bad about missing the gym on their day off? Tempted to go. Calorie intake already low. I'll refrain

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If it's a scheduled rest day, you are not missing a session.
  • pwhitechurch
    pwhitechurch Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes every Wednesday, due to Bible study and professional development for our schools during the year (educator).
  • PokernuttAR
    PokernuttAR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You need the time off for recovery. If you don't let your body recover, you increase the possibility for injury and not letting your body reach its potential. With that said, I HATE rest days, so I know what you're going through. I just see tell myself that by taking a rest day, I'm actually working towards my goals. Hope that helps! :)
  • pwhitechurch
    Options
    Yes, I actually enjoyed my day. Rest is good.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I also struggle with rest days and almost always do light yoga and stretching and a bit more dog walking. I know it's good for me but I still don't like it.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I had the worst case scenario today. I wasn't planning a day off but my elliptical decided to brick itself with an automatic software update. By the time I gave up trying to fix it I had run out of time to do any kind of workout. I woke up at 5:00AM for nothing but frustration!

And now we're getting PM thunderstorms which means I can't even go for a run this evening after work.

grrrrrrrrrrr.
  • pwhitechurch
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    I had the worst case scenario today. I wasn't planning a day off but my elliptical decided to brick itself with an automatic software update. By the time I gave up trying to fix it I had run out of time to do any kind of workout. I woke up at 5:00AM for nothing but frustration!

And now we're getting PM thunderstorms which means I can't even go for a run this evening after work.

grrrrrrrrrrr.

Awwe, sorry things didn't go well today. I have been there before with the storms. I don't go in the A.M. and storms galore in the P.M.