Eating all your calorie allowance

Options
Hi

i was just wondering if I should be eating all my calorie allowance? This isnt a problem for me most days

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should. If you're within a hundred calories of it in either direction, don't sweat it; logging is based on estimates. It's not precise, but it gives you a good idea of what to work with. But MFP gave you that allowance based on how much you told it you wanted to lose per week.
  • lillisa1718
    lillisa1718 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just realised this posted but not all my discussion. I was more making the point most days i reach my 1510 calorie allowance but, for example, today ive only had 1210 plus ive did an exercise DVD. I just want to make sure im goving my body enough nutrition. TIA X
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's the way the app works. You should eat all of if and if you do exercise/activity above and beyond the activity level you set your account up as, you should eat more to keep your deficit as planned.
  • julesEMS2016
    julesEMS2016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This depends on what your allowance is according to the goal you set in MFP, if you are exercising, and how you feel on a day to day basis.

I have my MFP set to maintain and it gives me roughly 1700-1800 calories per day. I exercise Monday through Friday. Some days I hit my MFP goal for calories, and some days I have a deficit. I just go by how my body is feeling and if I feel like I need more fuel.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Just realised this posted but not all my discussion. I was more making the point most days i reach my 1510 calorie allowance but, for example, today ive only had 1210 plus ive did an exercise DVD. I just want to make sure im goving my body enough nutrition. TIA X

Being under every now and then is not a problem, but you should not be significantly under on a regular basis.
  • lillisa1718
    Options
    So keep an eye on it? Like i said not a regular occurrence
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    So keep an eye on it? Like i said not a regular occurrence

Yes
  • lillisa1718
    Options
    Sorry i dont know whats happening to the rest of my messages! Ha. Thank you so much xxxx