What is your current motivation?

Options
I know why I want to lose weight in the long run, but I have short term reasons that keep me pumping iron, getting a new gym membership, and playing tennis like it is about to go out of style....

1.) I want to be picture ready for my vacation to San Francisco at the end of October. I've never been there, or anywhere on the West Coast, so I want to take pictures like a complete tourist.

The big one.....

2.) My boyfriends mother asked me for recent pictures so we can add it to a slide show...I realized, since I gained so much weight, I dont have pictures of him and I. I don't even really have any pictures of even him as I don't bring my camera anywhere...

Next year...I "WILL" have lots of pictures to send her...

Replies

• Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My shorter term goals are to get back into the 120s for the first time since college probably and to be confident in a bathing suit for our Orlando vacation in October.
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    I want to be healthier. I have a family history of diabetes and heart disease. During 2 pregnancies i had gestational diabetes... so I am prone to diabetes. I just wanted to stop moving in that direction. I also wanted to be a good example for my kids.

BTW: You will love SF... it is a walking city. there are just so many places to walk around... Lots of health options as well... I seems like everyone here is soooo health conscience.
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    I'm getting married June 2012 :) that's my motivation!
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The first day of school - September 5th! It's my last year and I am a prefect (which means I have to sit in front of 400 people every Monday on stage!) So I want to look good and be healthy as well as a role model!
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My "Large" 38/40 waist work trousers are getting worn out and i have plenty of 34/36 waist just waiting to be worn.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Athletes. Every time I see an athlete I'm just in absolute awe. I mean, I've always wanted to be super fit and toned, but I lacked the long-term motivation. I feel like this time it's really going to stick though because I have a whole new mentality, different from the times before.

Oh, and Hope Solo. I want to look like Hope Solo.

:D
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    To feel comfortable in my body, no matter who I'm around
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Beside looking hot and being healthy i have got nothing. I need something going on to push me.
  • LaTara88
    LaTara88 Posts: 14
    Options
    my current motivation is, and has been for a while, my size 8 Babyphat jeans that i bought like 3 christmas' ago, paid like 90 dollars for them and they still have the tag on them. my motivation is to finally wear them! :(
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    hit the 100lbs lost mark. I'd like to hit it before my 1 year mark (October 18th) but I don't tend to do well with deadlines so I'm just trying to act cool about it for now.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My motivation has changed numerous times over the years as I've lost weight. Now my two motivations are to be at a "healthy" weight according to the standard BMI chart (mainly because I never thought I could lose enough weight to get there... and now I'm so close!) and two so I will have the energy and stamina to continue running half marathons.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Zombies.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    It is great hearing everyone's motivations!!
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Abz
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    Zombies.
    This.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hoping to loose another 7lb at least by the time I go to see the Tattoo in August as anything extra will help to lessen my back pain. Long term - I just want to look better than I do now. I know I'll never be a hottie but at least I will be able to look decent and smarter.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Zombies.
    This for me too. I need to be on my top game, when they come.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Zombies, abs, size S jeans in my favorite shop. Mmm. But really ultimate fitness goal is to run the 10k race in September without having too much walking breaks.
  • kb119
    kb119 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This post is great! I was just thinking about this last night, and how I need to focus on my motivation rather than just the end product of being thin! If I don't consider WHY I want to be thin before shoving food in my mouth, then what's going to stop me?

My current motivation is:

- Reach my goal weight before my 30th birthday trip to Hawaii in January. It will be my first time there, and I want to have fun and feel completely comfortable in my bathing suit!

- Feel comfortable in my clothing, and not be afraid of the camera all the time

- Have more energy and a more positive outlook on being healthy
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Zombies.
    This.
    Me too - and i want a pair of Zombie Killing PJ's.
    http://www.katesclothing.co.uk/Zombie-Killing-PJs-p/ukapjspa.htm