5'3" 135 lbs - 1200 Calories and hungry

Options
I am trying to get back down to about 120-125 and my app is teling me to stick to 1200 calories. I am fine throughout the day, but at night is am SOOOO HUNGRY! Advice? Is this normal?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You could eat some small snack like air popped popcorn tonight and plan better tomorrow. Do you exercise?
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    When you setup your goals, how many pounds per week did you tell MFP you wanted to lose per week? It is likely you have it set too high. For sedentary, for a 135lb female, your maintenance is around 1600 calories a day. With so little to lose, you should be aiming for 0.5lbs per week. MFP is giving you only 1200 calories a day because you have your target set to 1lb or more per week.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Update your goals to only .5lbs per week and you will get some more calories each day, even if it is only 150.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    Save some calories for an evening snack?

(P.S. I agree with the above post about making sure your weight loss rate is sensible, too.)
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    First of all, it's ok to feel hungry and get hunger pangs sometimes. I do fasting and OMAD and my body just gets used to it. Second, I think 1200 is very little to eat daily, which is why you are having a hard time. I eat 1500-1600 and I'm 5'4", 115 lbs. Increase a little bit, that should help.
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    @taziarj thanks for input. I'm going to check mine. :)