Help!

Options
Today was my best day and I am now freaking out! I thought I had done so well! I ended up the day with the only snack I had all day , a pack of Atkins Endulge chocolate candies
Calories 110
Fat 7
Carbs 19!!!!
Fiber 4
Sugar alcohols 14
MFP says I am over my goal for carbs.... does it not allow for "Net Carb" counting? Did I ruin my day!!! ???

Replies

• MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Im sure your fine.depending on meal plan and goals.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You won't be affected by a one day mishap (especially that small) , just keep doing what you are doing :)
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Calories matter more than macros in the bigger picture. Going over or being under on certain marks won't make a huge difference, but may affect how satisfied you feel by the calories you're taking in :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Depending on where your food was made and labeled, you may or may not have gone over your net carbs. If you are sure your food is labeled for total carbs all you have to do is replace the sugar column with the fiber column and manually subtract. Are you within your calories? Even if you are doing low carb and one day resulted in going over carbs but you are still within calories, you did not ruin your day and you should be completely fine. If you did go over calories but usually don't, it's also fine. Weight loss doesn't require you to be perfect every day, it only requires you to be within calories most days and to not offset the loss with very high calorie days.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Even if you are intentionally restricting carbs, MFP does not count net carbs. Your treat had 1 net carb... don't worry about it :).
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with carbs? Bigger predicted of success is 1) staying in target with calories and 2) following a diet program that works for you. If you weren't hangry all day and you met your calories, sounds like a good day to me. If you were hungry through the day, look at your overall day. Could you bulk it up with some vegetables? Did you get enough proteins, fats, and fibre?
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You have to subtract fiber to get net carbs. Atkins endulge has very low net carbs. MFP doesn't show that.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Alternatively, if you don't wish to do the math manually you can do this: when searching the database, add "net carbs" to the end of your searched item. In your example that would be "Atkins Endulge chocolate candies net carbs". You will likely find an entry that has done the math for you. Just make sure to double check the calorie value against an entry you know is correct.

ETA: here is one I found after a quick look that seems reasonably accurate

0bv535dpmqe9.png
  • daacree
    daacree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great! I am glad I posted I was pretty mad st myself!! Thanks!!