Belly pic and question

Options
bpeters1989
bpeters1989 Posts: 54 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I am 5'4.5 and about 156 now. Down from about 180. So my question is do you think I could lose this "mommy belly" if I tone up more? I had two babies in 6 years. I dont want surgery! Also 2b4fy3b5dpfi.jpg
I want to look good in a bikini one day...

Replies

• bpeters1989
    Options
    Trying to get a pic to work :(
  • bpeters1989
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I Think the pic worked.. so what do ya'll think?
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It looks like it's mostly skin - I have similar after having my baby nearly three years ago and unfortunately I don't think it'll every disappear completely. However, doing some strength exercises has helped (just bodyweight, I don't go to the gym) although it isn't great for the soul when I catch sight of it all dangling down mid push up!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Yes you can improve your 'mommy belly' have a read of this thread.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

There are a number of good posts at the top of this forum under the heading most useful posts. a read of them they will help you be successful.

Cheers, h.
  • FransessM
    FransessM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Trick is weights weights weights. Lots of women are scared of weight lifting/resistance training but that is the way to go if you want most of the 'mummy tummy' to go.
  • teags84mfp
    teags84mfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have almost exact same stats as you and want to get to 150lbs. I have the same tummy too- 4 kids within 8 years. Well done on your loss so far! Looks like lifting heavy is the way to go ;)
  • bpeters1989
    Options
    Thank you teags84mfp good luck to you too
  • teags84mfp
    teags84mfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun, slow and steady wins the race :)
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Im nowhere near goal weight but Im already dreading what Im gonna be left with tbh.

I have had 5 babies, in jan 08, feb 09, may 12, may 13 and nov 15 and the last one was an emergancy c section which has caused a lot of problems and now being test for hypo thyroid. I can see this is gonna be a LONG road BUT I will get there.....just not sure Im gonna like the end result

planning to do alot of swimming, some cardio and kettlebell workouts, once Im a bit fitter and stronger will join my husband in weight workouts which I got all the weights for to do at home myself and one thing after another never started.
    Im hoping all of the above is gonna work in my favour and help what I look like in the end, I just fear that once Im at goal weight/or a size Im happy with Im still not gonna like it and stay covered up with baggy tops etc
  • bpeters1989
    Options
    Yeh i feel your pain :(
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Did you lose that weight quickly and was the birth of your last baby within last year? If the answer if yes to both of those questions, I have a feeling it will get better (not perfect but better). Belly skin recovery from pregnancy takes more than a year for most women. Nonetheless, I'm sure weight training and constant moisturizing will help. Think of it as SOOO many ladies in the same situation! Clearly my belly doesn't look like that as I have more weight to lose but I can already see it changing as I lose weight AND I want more kids lol ... the cost of those little buggers that we love so much.
  • bpeters1989
    Options
    My youngest is almost 5 and I lost the weight since last summer.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Some of your belly is loose skin that may still tighten up naturally. No body wrap or cream will help any more than regular lotion. The link posted above for the nice stomach thread is a great one. In the end I think you will end up like me and have to tuck some extra skin into your bikini bottoms.