Looking for People that need Motivation!

Options
Hi there folks! I am looking for fitness friends! I love motivating people and am also on a fitness journey myself! Created this in the Challenges list and I think that was the wrong one...

A little about me.... I found myself in October of 2016 at 205 pounds and extremely unhappy. At 5'4" thats obviously not a good weight. I had a 10k run planned for February and was so unready. I started watching a lot of videos of weight loss motivation and by the run, I had lost fifteen pounds. Now, by July, I have lost another 20. At about 175, I still need to lose about 20 more. If anyone wants me to be an encourager for them, I sure will. Or if you just want someone to be on the journey with.
Fitness is my passion. I have felt the effects of being overweight,, and the depression and isolation. I have also felt the benefits of losing it and going through the struggle to be who I want to be.

A couple rules. First, women only please....

I am here for motivation. I am not a troll, and I do not ask for pictures. 0. Zilch. Nada. I hate it when people ask for them. But I do recommend you take pictures to compare for yourself. You are going to want to see yourself losing the weight. :)

Also, I do - not - recommend diet plans. Nope. I can talk to you about the things I have tried and how I got to where I am. But you've got to decide that for yourself. See a nutritionist if you can. They are really good.

And, please no misuse of this. You will be blocked. I am not here for anything inappropriate. The responses that I choose to accept will be given my number to text. But I do not give or request any personal info such as address, state that I live in, etc. I do not wish to be stalked or creeped on please!! Sorry if I seem paranoid.

So there ya have it folks! Let the motivation begin!

Rachael B

Replies

• mllr1328
    mllr1328 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    In your journey so far did you fall out of it at all? Between the holiday rush and a sick kid I've just lost my way this past week. Having a hard time getting back up. Makes me feel so terrible. Today is my first day back into my normal routine. I plan to pick the up the pace but I feel like I'm starting over.
  • pazletizia
    pazletizia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've just gotten back on MFP today for the first time in quite a while because I'm sort of desperate to stop a struggling with an eating disorder that I've been battling for years. It sounds pretty silly to most people, but it isn't to me - I struggle with drinking enough water and I'm close to dehydration right now. I have to start drinking between 90 and 120 ounces a day of water daily and I'm working on "metabolic healing" which means I have to get used to three meals a day plus a snack to get my metabolism back to normal functioning. I'm not used to this protocol and while I have a clinical team for support (therapist and dietitian), I could really use some outside motivation from someone who gets the real deal. Until two years ago I was an active marathon runner, but I started beating up my body last year and over the last year I've gained about 55-60 pounds and stopped running. I'm seriously looking forward to getting back to running and getting my life back.
    My running friends really aren't in my life right now because they're all still marathon training for marathon season ;) I plan to join them in the next couple months but it's going to take working on this.
  • Choirgirl98
    Choirgirl98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could use all of the motivation I can get. I want to lose weight and be healthy, but I'm also nervous about going running or to the gym because I'm so self conscious. Im afraid that everyone will be judging me, even though I'm there with the same goal as them. I'm currently 5'8 and 220lb and right now my goal weight is 180.
  • mllr1328
    mllr1328 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I could use all of the motivation I can get. I want to lose weight and be healthy, but I'm also nervous about going running or to the gym because I'm so self conscious. Im afraid that everyone will be judging me, even though I'm there with the same goal as them. I'm currently 5'8 and 220lb and right now my goal weight is 180.

I'm your same position. Have you tried any work out videos? I use fitness blender. Their website allows you to search by difficulty level and they have modifications to every excersise in case it may be to hard or to easy.
  • Wicked_Syren
    Wicked_Syren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I too am looking for motivation to get going again. This is my 3rd time on here due to life happening but I hope the 3rd time is the charm. Feel free to add me and we can do this together!
  • bloodbeerandgainz
    bloodbeerandgainz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options

If people at your gym are judging you, you need a different gym! That's what I love about our YMCA. Everyone regardless of size, age, color, whatever is welcome there. And, for yourself, remind yourself that even if its slow running or looking awkward at the gym, you're still doing better than the person who hasn't gotten off the couch!

Good luck!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. You seem like fun people!
  • esperanzab93
    esperanzab93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All of you are so awesome. To answer mllr1328, I always fall off the boat at holidays and vacations. Im so sick of doing it. Im actually using my next vacation to my benefit by getting back on my keto diet, cause im going to my moms and she is on keto, so it will help gain back my momentum lol. If you do fall down, you cant stay there. Always get back up :):)

To answer pazletizia, please please hang in there! You are awesome to be reaching out for help! YOure very brave to do that. I suffered for a long time with an eating disorder and that has made me kind of the yoyo dieter that I am. I get the struggle. email me at esperanzab93 @ gmail . com at any time if anyone needs encouragement. Yure all winners!!

To Choirgirl98, own it girl! You are doing way better than the people still sitting on the couch. Sure, every moment that you try is gonna be painful for a while, but girl you are worth it!! Dont worry about everyone else.. Haters are gonna hate... Just shake em off :):):)

TO Wicked_Syren, get in there and keep trying!! Its gonna be worth the journey.