Give me tips on gaining weight?

Options
Heyy y'all, I'm Sumbal and i really wanna gain some weight this summer. I've been skinny since childhood and i get a lot of people judging me by my weight, not that i care about them but i just want to gain my weight and self esteem

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • sumblee64
    sumblee64 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    peanut butter

Thanks!
  • Analima2205
    Analima2205 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eat around 3500 calories a day. Thats what i did and I started st 48, now I'm 59.5kg
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    First I would start by plugging in your stats on here and set it to gain about 0.5lb per week. Keep in mind this doesn't include exercise calories so you will have to add extra for that. Alternatively, if you already know your maintenance cals just add 250 cals per day to that.

I recommend to also follow a progressive lifting program and get adequate macros (especially protein) if you want some of that weight gain to be muscle.

In terms of what to eat... if you are having problems getting your cals in, focus on eating your favourite foods, increase portions, eat more calorie dense foods like full fat dairy, nuts/nut butters, oils, bananas, mangos, dried fruit, granola, bagels, pasta, ice cream, high fat meats, etc. And I would recommend tracking your cals on here to make sure you are eating enough and not falling behind.
  • sumblee64
    Options
    Eat around 3500 calories a day. Thats what i did and I started st 48, now I'm 59.5kg

Wow! A question though, how much time did it took you to gain that much weight. Thanks <3
  • sumblee64
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    First I would start by plugging in your stats on here and set it to gain about 0.5lb per week. Keep in mind this doesn't include exercise calories so you will have to add extra for that. Alternatively, if you already know your maintenance cals just add 250 cals per day to that.

I recommend to also follow a progressive lifting program and get adequate macros (especially protein) if you want some of that weight gain to be muscle.

In terms of what to eat... if you are having problems getting your cals in, focus on eating your favourite foods, increase portions, eat more calorie dense foods like full fat dairy, nuts/nut butters, oils, bananas, mangos, dried fruit, granola, bagels, pasta, ice cream, high fat meats, etc. And I would recommend tracking your cals on here to make sure you are eating enough and not falling behind.

Thanks A LOT! This all really helped. I'll be sure to use those tips. o:)<3
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a skinny girl trying to gain too. You can add me if you want:)