Options
2»

Replies

• mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    catgerm wrote: »
    Great job! So inspiring!

Question: why did you up calories halfway through? Was this due to working out more?

It was more to do with the fact I really love eating, and I wanted to make sure I can sustain the diet/way of eating indefinitely! Starting to work out more was more of a coincidence, I got a new job which is next to a beautiful park so I am able to go for walks before or after work and during my lunch break and I can walk part of the way home - and then, yes, burning more calories allowed me to eat a bit more. But losing weight meant I burned less calories than when I was bigger, so I think those two cancelled each other out.
  • gemtayls
    gemtayls Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love this post!!! I have recently upped my calories after years of yo-yo-ing.... so many macro calculators have me eating under 1500 cals and it just isn't sustainable! I am currently eating around 2000-2200 (while still training 4 times a week as I always have, even on the lower 1300-1400 calorie phases I used to do).
    I have only been doing this for 3 weeks so haven't started to see a change yet and I'm still panicking about eating so much, even if it is 'good healthy stuff'. It just goes against everything I've always done. This post is a breath of fresh air for when I'm having a wobble and feeling like I shouldn't be eating this many calories - I will persevere and play the long game and hopefully start to see a change soon :)
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your dress is super cute!
  • rebeccachobat
    rebeccachobat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This was perfect for me to read today! I've been trying MFP again, after many years of an "on again, off again" relationship with foods/diets. I decided that this time it was going to be different because this time it was going to be slow. I would no longer starve myself for short term results but I would keep my calories around 1800-1900 a day to lose the weight slowly and still be able to have treats now and again (or daily, let's be honest). It's nice to see someone with the same mindset! Congrats on your progress :)
  • phumy_healthyhabits
    phumy_healthyhabits Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is a post I'm so glad to have come across. Slow and steady wins the race. Congratulations. At this rate maintenance shouldn't be a problem.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    A fantastic journey with a practical planning. Kudos to you on your hard work! Your post showed that consistency and mindful eating is the way towards a sustainable weight loss. Thank you!
  • Lumphome
    Lumphome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm really grateful for your post. I've been losing and gaining the same 25lbs for the last 5-10 years. Comes off in summer, goes back on in winter. I think that this approach of logging responsibly and consistently (or at least clocking what I eat before shovelling it in), together with building in more movement to the day is going to have to be my own post-40 plan (it's coming soon, later in the year)...
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Pretty dress!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I say "CONGRATULATIONS!"

About this: "I like chocolate, so I work it into my calories - I probably have 20-40g of chocolate every day. I never say no to treats that are worth it, like home made cakes. I learned to say no to treats that are just meh - for example I can skip most donuts and biscuits or just have a tiny amount. I learned to enjoy special meals, and will not under any circumstances call them cheat meals - I hate that phrase. I haven't cut out any foods or food groups."

Amen and amen. Ditto. I repeat every word of this with every opportunity!

(and, please, see a dermatologist about that skin condition)
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Firstly, I say "CONGRATULATIONS!"

(and, please, see a dermatologist about that skin condition)

Thank you @JeromeBarry1 - but what do you mean with your last sentence? Skin condition?
    Edited to add: unless you mean the large blotches covering my face ;)
  • Wildflowers70
    Wildflowers70 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Love your approach and am so happy for you!
  • DM_78
    DM_78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    OMG, well done. Our start weights and sizes (except the boobs) are nearly identical. Cannot wait to look as good as you do now :smiley:
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    great to hear someone's sucess story of slow and steady, I'm convinced that its the best way to go for long term permenant weightloss, but I do get a little disheartened from time to time when I read the "I dropped a 100 in 6 months" stories. Thanks for restoring my faith. Congratulations on the results of your hard work and dedication.
  • ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, GREAT job! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!