Which fitness band vibrate when exceeds set heart rate

Options
Guys, I'm tired of using various bands. I want fitness band (not chest wrap) which monitor my HR constantly during running and vibrate when it crosses its limit. Any suggestion??!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    dhruv_shah wrote: »
    Guys, I'm tired of using various bands. I want fitness band (not chest wrap) which monitor my HR constantly during running and vibrate when it crosses its limit. Any suggestion??!
    Why do you need to monitor your hear rate unless you have a serious heart condition? There aren't any real benefits to things like the "fat burning" zone.
    If fitness is your goal, you work out within the range that you need to to complete whatever workout you're doing. To get better, you do the same distance in a shorter time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are using HR for training, check out one of the recent Garmin watches (like the 235). The HR won't be as accurate as a chest strap but it is good enough for most folks. Personally I don't mess with wrist based monitors - I always use a strap.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Mio Fuse, or probably any Garmin.
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Why do you need to monitor your hear rate unless you have a serious heart condition?

Can't speak for the OP, but it's easy to get a little too spirited on what's supposed to be a recovery or Z2 ride. I used to have a high HR alert for this reason - to help me remember the goal of a training session when I start to forget. (Now I do the same thing by power instead.)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    My Garmin does.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my chest strap enabled garmin allows me to set up target bands and vibrate when I'm in or out.
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT7 with the chest strap and when your heart rate gets to high the watch part of it vibrates and beeps at you.
  • dhruv_shah
    dhruv_shah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Assuming you are using HR for training, check out one of the recent Garmin watches (like the 235). The HR won't be as accurate as a chest strap but it is good enough for most folks. Personally I don't mess with wrist based monitors - I always use a strap.

Have you used any? I haven't found any device description on internet which says that it vibrates while running if crosses HR limit.

• dhruv_shah
    dhruv_shah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Guys guys, my question is very clear. WRIST BAND which vibrates. Not with combination of cheat wrap.

I have Garmin forerunner with chest wrap. I am looking for normal JUST wrist band which sense and also vibrate without phone.
    No ONE???
  • dewd2
    Options

Have you used any? I haven't found any device description on internet which says that it vibrates while running if crosses HR limit.

Yes. My Garmin Forerunner 630 vibrates. I used it a couple times (it annoyed the hell out of me so I stopped using it for HR alerts). The 235 is similar (minus the touch screen) but has a HR built in. So does the 735 and the 935.
  • dewd2
    Options
    Guys guys, my question is very clear. WRIST BAND which vibrates. Not with combination of cheat wrap.

I have Garmin forerunner with chest wrap. I am looking for normal JUST wrist band which sense and also vibrate without phone.
    No ONE???

I already answered previously and I repeated it tonight. Perhaps you missed it.

Which Forerunner do you have?
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yes! I use the Garmin Vivosmart HR+. It constantly tracks HR on the wrist. You can set custom heart rate zones including your own maximum, and it will notify you when you get in to different zones/exceed your maximum HR.

Not sure why Chrome thinks this link isn't legit, because it is. Straight from Garmin's user manual: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivosmarthr/EN-US/GUID-FA3BE45C-9E7B-49EE-BC71-EDAEB9C2EBF9.html
  • NorthCascades
    Options

No ONE???

Again, Mio Fuse.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    The Garmin Vivosmart HR+ does this. If you look back in your other thread on this topic I posted a reply with some more information
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Again, why doesn't this matter? The whole "fit zone" thing? It's NOT a real thing if that's what you're shooting for.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    All the FR x3x watches do. They'll beep or vibrate based on pace or hr. The 735 and 935 will with power too
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are such things. My running app could alarm me if my HR gets too high. But it's something I ignore. I would ignore the whole HR thing and go by how well you are able to talk when doing any activity if there's no real health reason for it. Besides, if you practive longer you'll be able to do the same exercise at a lower heartrate. If running, for example:
    slow run: you can speak in coherent sentences
    fast run: speaking? groaning more likely.
    inbetween: inbetween.

My pace control for running is my breathing pattern, really.
    slow run: 3 steps in/3 steps out
    fast run: 2/2
    intermediate 2/3

If I'm not in the right shape/mood on a day I notice that the step pattern for a given pace doesn't work and I slow down. On other days I might be able to run faster in the same rhythm and have no problems at all.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my Garmin 225 can be set do to that
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Again, why doesn't this matter? The whole "fit zone" thing? It's NOT a real thing if that's what you're shooting for.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Maybe he has AFIB?

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

No ONE???

Forerunner 235, 635, 735XT and 935, Fenix 3HR and Fenix5