Keto flu

Options
kerrymcz
kerrymcz Posts: 2 Member
I am on day number 3 feeling pretty crappy. Literally feel like I have the flu. I wanna hear from others that have gone thru it and made it to the other side of it!

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Increase your salt intake. Keto flu is caused by electrolyte deficiency
  • raspberrybishop2012
    Options
    I am down 47 lbs since April 4th. I made it through the flu! When I was sick, tired, nauseous, I added salt to my water. It worked fast! Pickle juice works too. Don't give up. Don't exercise right now either. YouTube has some great people doing keto. Search keto flu.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it could POSSIBLY be related to sodium deficiency. After all, I was eating bacon, salting my food (which I don't usually do), etc. I tried some broth, and it helped immensely. I started Monday. If you want a newly started keto buddy, feel free to add me!
  • raspberrybishop2012
    raspberrybishop2012 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just hang in there! These are my best tips. Right now get plenty of rest. Make sure you are getting enough food. I keep my cheese at 2 oz a day max. I have 2 cups of leafy greens a day. 1 cup of non leafy veggies. Never go over 20 grams of carbs. only eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full. these two were my hardest!!!! Almost forgot STAY AWAY from processed low carb/keto products. Including the flours, almond, coconut, etc. that is for maintenance only.
  • maryde8427
    maryde8427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It took me about three weeks to move past the flu. I did a lot of research. Also, I asked some of the members on this site, and I got some suggestions for supplements. Currently, I have Keto coffee in the morning. Then I have Omega 3, potassium gluconate, Magnesium Citrate, Hi-lyte (electrolytes) and a multivitamin. It sounds like a lot of supplements, but it really helped me.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone through the keto flu.. but I've only been trying this for a week and a half. I also haven't restricted salt though. I get headaches..some migraine worthy.. which I've never suffered with before, but it's bearable. I have noticed issues with sleep. I feel "anxious" and ansy. It's driving me crazy! I have to keep telling myself that it's all in my mind, it's not real..