2 month progress!!

Options
nlwrfa
nlwrfa Posts: 118 Member
so it's official.. I've been lifting for 2 months... and in these two months I'm so excited to see the progress. I started with a 60lb deadlift... i did 205 today. For OHP i could do the bar (45 lbs).. today 75 lbs. My bench press has gone up from the bar to 80 pounds and my squats still suck (broke both ankles back in the day so limited mobility) but have gone from body air squats without even getting parallel to 60 pounds parallel.

Get out there and lift if you are thinking about it.. stop thinking and just do. It's been amazing 2 months and the improvements keep my motivation strong! Oh and Ive lost 25 pounds... which leaves me with 100 more pounds to go... but if i hadn't been lifting i'm sure i would have lost a lot higher number on the scale because I would have lost the muscle i've been gaining/preserving.. but my body looks better then previous weight loss attempts because it's not just getting super saggy... i'm making a better looking body, a strong body, and losing inches.

sorry for the huge post and paragraph... i was just super excited hitting that 205 today and i don't have anyone to share it with that supports me with my weight loss journey

Replies

• kfizza1
    kfizza1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds awesome! The best feeling in the world is when your hard work starts to show! Good job on losing those 25 pounds! :smiley:
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Nice work on all the above. Keep up the good work and you'll soon be on 250 for your deadlift
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    This is super inspiring! I'm on 40 lb deadlift with dumbbells, I wanna start using the bar though. Anyways thanks for sharing!!