I don't want to be "bigger" in Texas.

Options
Short term goal 10 lbs... but I need to do that at least 5x.
I'll be 48 in Jan. All I need is a handful of friends to do this together with...and follow each other's progress. Who's in? Add me

Replies

• riy11826
    riy11826 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I want to hear all your effective weight loss secrets
  • betsytoadvine
    betsytoadvine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently doing this because I play sports and I need carbs now but Keto was always the most effective weight loss plan for me. I never had any secret foods or work outs just strict counting of carbs. Hope that helps. I'm also looking for support and to be held accountable mainly with junk food and alcohol! Social stuff tends to be where I get off of track!
  • Torsten714
    Torsten714 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fellow Texan here, can always use some more motivation!
  • theladybaha
    theladybaha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Texan here too - will add you!
  • KymKym11
    KymKym11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've gained in the last year since moving to Texas ... whew! I'll add you.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Momma explained that everything in Texas was bigger, better, and six inches longer.
  • riy11826
    Options
    Being overweight isn't what your momma meant when she explained what bigger in Texas is...

Yes. Kymkym, add me
  • Caseys925
    Caseys925 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Texas gal here too! I have 20 lbs to shed, gained it after my gall bladder surgery...damn it anyway!
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Texas here too. There's amazing seminars all over the state and competitions! Got to see IPF world bench press championship earlier this year and see some Masters Class 4(69 and older ) bench press crazy weights! Always inspiration out there to see here
  • riy11826
    Options
    I need all the inspiration/motivation I can get to stay focused...
  • lesleylogan1436
    lesleylogan1436 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Texans ..... I am from Scotland and in 5 weeks time I come to Dallas to with work for 2 weeks with your Lifegift organ procurement organisation. I'm hoping to be 14Lbs down by that time..... The weather looks soooo hot compared tonhere I'm sure I should sweat some of the fat off!
  • riy11826
    Options
    I'm in Houston. But Texas is just hot. However, it starts too cool off in September- but it'll still be hot if ur coming from a far cooler climate. Gl with your 14 lb fitness goal
  • Alpha1Godess
    Alpha1Godess Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes, it stays hot here. I'd say the most important part is the logging of calories before anything so if you can't get outdoors adjust the diet. Try searching for basic indoor exercises that use kinetics and stationary/lightweight objects. Any physical activity is a plus even in the comfort of your own home.
  • DanitaEdwards1
    DanitaEdwards1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Texas here also. Add me.