Looking for motivation

Options
yanetco24
yanetco24 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I've recently downloaded the app as an effort to start tracking my macros and start eating healthier. It's probably not even 2 weeks from me saying I'm gonna eat healthier and I've already fallen off track ... Eating fast food as an easier and faster alternative. Anywho who has any inspirational stories or motivational quotes... Please don't be shy or scared to comment... Right now i should be working out but instead I'm laying in bed looking at other people working out Lol

Replies

• JTlivez
    JTlivez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't have an inspirational story, but I try to give some motivation daily. Add me if you want :smile:
  • EnergyPro100
    EnergyPro100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you have those fast food days are you still under your calorie count for the day??
  • betsytoadvine
    betsytoadvine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel it girl. I'm also trying to do better. I was doing really well about a month ago before I fell off and gained all weight back. In my experience it does get easier after two consistent weeks. However my biggest issue is food and alcohol at social obligations. I don't know how to add but we can motivate each other if you need somebody, I know I do!
  • Torsten714
    Torsten714 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I hear ya lol. If you ever want mutual motivation feel free to hit me up.
  • sonjalip
    sonjalip Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thought I had today after seeing another mom who looked like she had it all together while I felt like a mess: "if the grass is always greener, try watering yours"
  • amardini911
    amardini911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    for me i lose 11 kg in one month . i eat grilled food every day . and also im playing gym every day . i want rech my drem to have 6 pack . i depend on this app . his my hero
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Motivation is fleeting.. work on changing your habits and your mindset. Make an actual commitment to yourself to commit to those changes you want to make.

And when you are lounging in bed watching other people work out rather then moving your own behind - bring about the brilliant Nike slogan and Just Do It. :)
  • yanetco24
    Options
    @EnergyPro100 well i usually stay under my macros... But i really wish i could stay away from processed foods
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My problem is stress eating. I'll do great until the stress hits and then BAM, an entire box of cereal down. I don't even like cereal! :s

What's been helping me? Water. Sounds crazy but apparently, water's pretty freaking important. Also Vit. D. My doctor said mine was extremely low. Since I've been taking that I've had more energy to move around. Oh, and COFFEE! Give me some caffeine and watch me go, lol.

Hope this helps! :)
  • elly711
    elly711 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about the fast food - it's my vice too! I've found portion control rather than fully restricting has really helped. My fave meal is 2 slices of Dominoes pizza with a side salad - still a treat at 550 calories for the meal but not unmanageable if you have a small breakfast and lunch! I stick to 1200 daily even when eating or all through portion control and planning ahead :)
  • frangage1
    frangage1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 stones down and I find my Fitbit helps me. I need to find more people who use one as the competition inspires me
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Okay, first of all get up and go work out! If you don't feel up to ten minutes, find a five minute video and go do that one. If you don't have any energy do a low impact yoga video or something. Maybe you will feel like more later. Then come back and read the rest of the thread.

Everyone needs a push sometimes. I needed a push yesterday after getting back from vacation. But the only one who can really do this is you.

Fast food: it is much easier, that's true. But if you plan ahead, you can make healthy meals almost as easy. Meal prep some healthy whole grains, plus protein such as chicken and pork tenderloin for the week, and buy vegetables. You can't cook them until you buy them. Then you can easily slice, steam or stir fry, in less time than it would take you at a drive through window.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I learned to cook as a youngster, so cooking at home was never an intimidating thing. If you haven't learned to cook in your own home, you have found that purchasing food someone else cooked is just so easy that you want to do it. Start with eggs, learn bacon, and you'll be on your way.
  • Relbmik88
    Relbmik88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jeremy. I'm 28 years old and currently weigh 216Ilbs. I wasn't always this weight. In fact, last year I weighed 285Ilbs. I smoked a packed of cigarettes a day, drank a lot of Mt. Dew and ate so much fast food I had a meal called "The McKimbler"...haha. That all ended on July 20th, 2016 when I was playing Pokemon Go.

I walked one lap around my block...one lap...and I felt like I was going to die!! I was sweating in places I didn't know I could! From the lack of oxygen(smoking) to being worn out I knew something was wrong. Now in the past when I wanted to lose weight I would run 4 to 6 miles a day, so me feeling that way was a huge deal. When I finally made it home I immediately stepped on the scale...what I seen next was just appalling.

285...a number I've never seen before under MY feet. It was then and there I decided enough was enough. I went all Professor Klump and said "YES I CAN"! I pushed myself to walk two miles a night...and I stress push...I told myself I would do anything I had to as long as I didn't run. Running was a temporary fix and I wasn't running from my problems anymore.

My journey hasn't been perfect. I stumbled in the beginning as we all do, but I didn't give up. As time passed so did my weight. When I was confident enough I took up boxing/kickboxing. I chose my garage as my battle ground and have yet to look back.

I quit smoking, stoped drinking "Mt. Ew" and I couldn't tell you the last time I ate fast food. I eat clean and workout religiously. Now I'm staring 200Ilbs in the face with no quit in my eyes. I'm often asked, "what did you do to lose all of that weight?!?" or "please tell me your secret!!"

....and my answer is always the same...My secret was I wanted to live. I wasn't going to run from my problems, but face them head on...toe to toe.

I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but it doesn't...it gets so flippin hard...but its so worth it. You just have to be willing to go the extra round....believe in yourself and everything will fall into place.
  • yanetco24
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that has been leaving comments... I honestly truly appreciate every single one of y'all comments