Feeling down

Options
Hello my name is Kayla and I suffer from bulimia. It comes and goes and unfortunately it is back. I haven't purged for awhile which is good but it's on my mind all the time. I tried on a pair of pants today and looked in the mirror and almost cried. I suffer from depression and have no motivation to exercise other than swimming. Just looking for some good vibes from others and postitive thoughts

Replies

• LOSTandFOUND2014
    LOSTandFOUND2014 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Swimming is great. Works a ton of muscles. I hope you find a way to solve the other issue. Half the people I know, including myself, take anti-depressants. :/ Stay Strong.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have decades of anorexia and bulimia behind me. Aside from occasionally slipped into weight obsession I have gotten past most of it. I made my focus getting as fit and strong as I could and found that actually eased the depression much better than pills ever could. It is a matter of taking that initial plunge and turning your focus towards health and strength. I hope you find your way out of the labyrinth, so to speak.
  • sonnytoot
    sonnytoot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I actually am seeing a psychologist. I don't find it helps much. I find talking to my friends help more.
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    hello beautiful I have the same thing its hard some times
  • sansiadunn
    sansiadunn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's hard but you can do it. Just try to find what makes you happy judging from your pic your a very beautiful girl
  • dmy17
    dmy17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You got this girl! Having gone through depression myself a while ago, I used to eat for comfort and gained all the weight. I'm not depressed anymore but the weight just won't go away without any effort. That's why I'm here. To lose a lil at a time, baby steps. Take it one day at a time. Stay strong!
  • sonnytoot
    sonnytoot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging words sadly I had a bit of a bulimia slip up today. But I am trying to start fresh
  • TheBlameGame
    TheBlameGame Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I suffered from bulimia for a while a few years ago so if you need a friend please feel free to add me. I know it's not just as simple as quitting cold turkey, but if there's anything I can do to help even if it's just talking over text or whatever, please let me know <3 stay strong kayla x
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I would recommend talking to your psychologist of how you don't believe that the therapy is helping you. Make sure that he or she understands your therapy goals and make sure that you understand what kind of therapy and interventions the psychologist is using in his or her treatment approach in working with you.