Loosing pregnancy weight and fat distribution is changing?

Options
So I am 3.5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight (and I needed to loose a few pounds before the pregnancy). My fat is now distributed totally different and I look almost deformed in my opinion. My right hip is a lot bigger than my left hip, and I have more thickness on the left side of my waist and the left side of my tummy is bigger. Also the right thigh is bigger than the left. I plan on trying to loose another 10 pounds after I hit my pre-pregnancy weight to try to even this out, but has this weird right left fat distribution happened to anyone else, and if so did it go away with more weight loss?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Nancy

Replies

• JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Not in terms of the right/left differences, but there are certain things that changed permanently after my first child. My hips (the bones it seems) were permanently wider, as well as my rib cage, if that makes sense. These differences stayed even after I was back down to pre-pregnancy weight, but again it was more so the bones/ligaments than fat distribution.
    Is the difference large enough that yoh are concerned about a medical problem? If there really is a large assymetrical thickness there it couldn't hurt to get It checked out by a doctor
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy does change your body. If you are struggling with it I highly recommend talking to your doctor. If you hate the changes so much you consider yourself deformed that isn't good for your self image.

I personally have noticed a ton of body changes since pregnancy. My fat distribution has changed and concentrated more in my hips and stomach, whereas before I carried my weight all over. My tendons and ligaments in my knees and hips have loosened so that I get better range of motion.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, my body had permanent changes after I had my daughter. I can't say that it was uneven fat distribution but it's certainly different than it was before. If you haven't already, try incorporating a progressive resistance program into your fitness plan. You may find that the results from it trump any results you get from focusing on further fat loss.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I lost all the pregnancy weight and then was depressed because my body did not look the same as it did when I was at the same weight before pregnancy. Time and strength training and lifting got me back to happy again. You lost the weight/are losing the weight, that is just the beginning! Good luck!
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    How old is your little? Some research done in the last couple of years suggests that it takes over a year for us to completely recover from pregnancy and delivery. And I don't know how old you are, but recovering at 19 was way easier than it is this time at 31. My nugget is almost 10 months and I feel like I still look pregnant even though I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight.
  • Kristen8912
    Kristen8912 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Been there and still there but working on it. I'm down 24 pounds and it's shrunk everywhere. I still have some unevenness on the sides of my stomach but it's gotten better. Im hopeful it will eventually even out. If you're concerned, you could talk to a professional. But I'm in the same shoes as you and just giving it time!
  • nancy939393
    nancy939393 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments and encouragement. My little one is just 7 months and I'm going to give it more time. It's just so weird that the weight is coming off fairly easily, and I can wear a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes now, I just look different. Thank you all.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, only 7 months? You definitely need to give it more time.