6 week 6 pack .... anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• saydee3
    saydee3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's definitely hard. It gets easier. I just have to tell myself "You won't get skinny unless you get your *kitten* out of bed!" A few times and I've forced myself up.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I should TOTALLY get up early tomorrow and workout before work (it's a short day for me...not my typical 12 hr shift) since I had a Pampered Chef party tonite and ate toooooo much, lol. Mosty fruits and veggies, but some snack junk too : p But I did squeeze a quick level 1 of 6w6p in during my cleaning and prepping! Just not enough cardio today : ( In all honesty though...it's already after 10pm and I'm not in bed....so probably won't get up early tomorrow either, lol.

Have a great night and keep up the good work!! Almost done with my first week of steady doing 6w6p and feelin' good!!
  • mlek13
    mlek13 Posts: 44
    Options
    I did another video on demand last night, and the elliptical. I was happy to get it all in before my friends came over... but then I ate and drank too much... :grumble: I feel good, and I am ready for 6W6P again tonight! Bring it JM! :laugh:
  • nmclaurin
    nmclaurin Posts: 43
    Options
    how do you track how many calories you burned doing level 1?
  • saydee3
    saydee3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    how do you track how many calories you burned doing level 1?

I have a heart rate monitor that I use while I workout. It's the best thing if you want to track calories. MFP is about 20-30% off on my calories than what my HRM records.
  • shellgib
    Options
    so today I actually got up at 4:45 am :noway: and did lev. 2 before going to work for my 12 hr shift!!! WHAT!!!!??? You girls must be motivating me for sure!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Hey there, just ran across this post. I've been doing 6 wk/6 pk for 4 weeks now (did level 1 for 3 weeks now I'm on level 2). I had joined in another post that only lasted a month which was a Jillian Michaels combo workout alternating 30DS, RI30, etc. I found that once I moved on to level 2 of 6 wk/6 pk I was getting enough cardio in to stick with just that workout. I also try to walk 3 miles each evening (I do my JM workout early in the morning).

I have been doing JM workouts since joining MFP in May. I started with 30DS, then did RI30, now this one. I love them all :)

Hope you guys don't mind me joining in!
  • shellgib
    Options
    Hey Kat! Welcome! Hope we can keep this group thread going at least for the 6 weeks for the 6w6p! I can't wait to compare our results if we all stick to it!

I have just finished week 1!! Alternating lev1 and lev2. I got it in 5 x's this week! wooohooo!!!

I will do a complete measure and weigh tomorrow since it is the first of the month. (I weigh weekly and take measurements montly) And then by Sept 1st I should be able to see some changes! My measurements have not changed in quite a while since I've pretty much reached my weight goal. But I am hoping to tone and lose a couple inches with this routine...we'll see...
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Glad to be on this thread, I wasn't sure if anyone else on MFP was doing the 6 wk/6 pk routine. It seems like it's mainly 30DS or Ripped out there, I still love both of those but wanted to stick with this one for the whole 6 weeks.

I did day 7 this morning of level 2. Boy, it is a lot of cardio but I'm slowly adjusting :)

I didn't take measurements in the beginning but I like to gauge my size by my clothing - I still have some things in the closet I can't quite get back into yet but I'm almost there!

Have a great day everyone :)
  • shellgib
    Options
    Well, just finished lev 1 after going out in the mid-day heat for a power walk! Whew! I was SPENT!!! :tongue:

But...I did manage to do all the side plank knee raises this time!! :happy: Although it still wears out my arms/shoulders a tad. I feel like I could do more if my arms weren't giving out on me.

On a side note....Basheera kicks *kitten*!!!! :smokin:

Are any of you doing the advanced version of the spider planks? Adding the push up with it?
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Well, just finished lev 1 after going out in the mid-day heat for a power walk! Whew! I was SPENT!!! :tongue:

But...I did manage to do all the side plank knee raises this time!! :happy: Although it still wears out my arms/shoulders a tad. I feel like I could do more if my arms weren't giving out on me.

Are any of you doing the advanced version of the spider planks? Adding the push up with it?

I agree Basheera rocks! She's a tough cookie :)

I can't do the advanced spider planks with push ups, I'm wondering if Basheera is wonder woman or something...lol ! Maddie is also in great shape though, I bet she could keep up with Basheera if Jillian made her...hahaha
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Started my second week of level 2 this morning. I am really loving it :) Tired and sweaty at the end but that just means I'm accomplishing something.

I still get a kick out of when Jillian says "remember I'm ALWAYS watching you, kinda like a horror movie".........LOL

Hope you all have a great Monday. :wink:
  • shellgib
    Options
    Good job Kat!!

So you don't get bored doing the same level for days in a row?
  • mlek13
    Options

I tried the advanced version and fell flat on my face :laugh: It is really my arms that are causing the trouble with this workout... my wrists are terrible... :grumble: but I have been plugging along! Keep it up everyone!
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Good job Kat!!

So you don't get bored doing the same level for days in a row?

No, I like routine so doing the same workout is fine for me :) By the time I'm done with this one in 2 weeks I'm sure I'll be ready for something different by then. (I just need to decide what that will be - sure it will be something JM though)
  • shellgib
    Options
    @mlek13...LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: You get an A for effort!!! Her workouts are definitely hard on the wrists. I do the up-downs and burpees on my fingertips to save the strain on the wrists.

@kat....I know you probably already mentioned this, but what other dvd's of hers have you done? I think I've tried them all .... I might be able to recommend something for you :flowerforyou:

Well, just wasn't very motivated today (I think PMS strikes again) But I pushed play and completed level 2. I guess if I'm counting, it was week 2 - day 2 for me. Not sure if I will do anything else today or not.
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    LOL you guys about spider pushups. Those are way too much for me. I do the whole intense athlete breathing thing when I do the modification!!

So RI30 is getting easier for me.. I can do the advance version for most of L2 :) yay! This week I start L3. I skipped 6w6p this weekend because my tummy was feeling very sensitive (damn cramps!!). I did so planks on my own..lol I was at a friends house vegging and she was like, stop doing planks randomly :laugh:

anyway, the most recent issue of Fitness magazine has a little ab workout that uses the 'bender ball' (the small exercise ball) and weights for ab exercises. What do you guys think of adding a 15-20 minute ab workout after cardio sessions or RI30 on the 6w6p inbetween days. Too much??
  • Kat0310
    Options
    @kat....I know you probably already mentioned this, but what other dvd's of hers have you done? I think I've tried them all .... I might be able to recommend something for you :flowerforyou:

I've done 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 before doing this one. I liked them both and really love the way they work everything. What would you recommend?

Did level 2 again this morning, not sure if I'll be able to get my walk in tonight because my neighborhood is having National Night Out (I have to go since my son wants to...lol).

Have a great day everyone! :happy:
  • mlek13
    Options
    great job everyone. keep it up.

i have been trying to get in a video everyday, but sometimes I just run or do the elliptical...

on a fun note... my dogs think I am insane when i do the videos... they just sit there and watch most of the time, but sometimes, like when I am attempting to do the spider pushups, they think I am either dying or trying to play with them... (dying is more accurate) :laugh: and they go nuts hopping around and such (it is funny... ) :laugh: when I say hopping around I should clarify that they are both arounf 100 lbs... and not so graceful.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

going to do 6W6P now. keep it up!
  • shellgib
    Options
    @sdgirl....Good job on the Ri30!! Sometimes I would do lev. 1 right after lev. 2 of that one just to get a better workout in. I don't think adding an addt'l 15-20min of ab work after the others would be too much at all. Do whatever feels right to you! I figure when you can say something is getting easier...it's time to kick it up a notch! And crack me up about the random planks at your friends house!

@Kat...I really like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism for intense cardio and No more Trouble Zones for overall toning. But those are both about 50 min total. I also have the "shred it with weights" and its a good overall workout using a kettlebell (you can use a dumbbell though) And it's a 30 min workout like the others (two levels on that one)

@mlek....so funny about your dogs!!

Keep on rockin everyone!!!