Hungry!

Options
Hi all,

I am constantly hungry. I swear I can smell bread for miles.

I'm down to the last 6lb, which I've had to drop to 1200 cal to help achieve. But it is so hard!!

Kath

Replies

• aidaj0609
    aidaj0609 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, husband had mcdonalds for lunch it looked so good! I had a boring chicken salad. Im starving! Im also on 1200 :(
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Me too !!!
    Let's rob a bakery together!
  • aidaj0609
    aidaj0609 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haha oh gosh dont! My husbands the manager of a bakery(greggs? If you know it) the amount of times ive been tempted to walk in there and take it all and run! :p its not fair! It will be worth it in the end....i hope :D
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1260 for the foreseeable future and it sucks so hard. I just want to eat. Instead I'm always hungry. :(
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    How big of a deficit is that for you?
  • starskl
    starskl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ohh all this talk of Mcdonalds and Greggs, sounds fab! Ah well, one day!! Glad I'm not alone on this one ;)
    How big of a deficit is that for you?

I'm not great at all this calorie stuff,I just try to stick to what MFP suggests, though I do believe my BMR is around 1,520 .So I'm guessing it's the range of that?

Kath

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    MFP sets your calories based on four fixed variables - your height, weight, age, sex, and two variable variables - your desired loss per week, and how active you think you are. In addition to those calories, you're supposed to eat back at least some of your exercise calories. Your suggested calorie goal will depend on what you plot in.

When you have a lot to lose, your body can lose quite a lot of fat per week. When you get lighter, that amount becomes smaller. This means that you will lose more slowly as you lose weight. 1% of your total body weight is a good rule of thumb for a weekly loss. I advice setting your weight loss goal to reflect this, rounding it down, and consider if you may be more active than you think. The amount of calories this gives you, shouldn't make you feel any troublesome hunger.
  • jak1979
    jak1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe this helps : my nutritionist has me only eating 1-2 servings of "whole grains" a day and this seriously helps with my insane carb and sweet cravings (those were my downfall). So a slice of Ezekiel bread or half a whole grain English muffin with lunch, etc. perhaps this can help curb the understandable :-) urge to rob a bakery.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I toast those arnolds thin sandwiches and carefully measure out peanut butter. It helps me...either for a snack or lunch