New here...want some help

Hello,
My name is Lauren and I'm 20. I was put on an insomnia medication for a year, to find a year later it caused me to gain 70 pounds. As I'm coming off of it slowly (it's a very dependent medication) I'm really really trying to lose weight. So far I've lost 8 pounds but I'm feeling really down about it. None of my clothes fit, I hate looking at myself. I know it took a year to put on so it can take over a year to come off, just don't know how to comfort myself in the meantime.

If anyone else feels this way, please let me know! I feel like I'm totally alone in this :(

Replies

• artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Hope you find the support and help you need. I'm new too, and the first week was awful. It gets better...
  • 57viv
    57viv Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, I gained 30 lbs on an antidepressant I was given after a surgery and I was already overweight trying to lose it. My doctor sent me to some classes for those who wanted surgical weight reduction. In the end I didn't go through it. I ended up cutting out all dairy and breads (I had to) and dropped 25 lbs in a matter of months. Dropping gluten wasn't easy but found other means of getting carbs.