JUICING!

Options
2»

Replies

• haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love it.....wait your talking about like drinking "juicing" never mind not the kind I thought lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    As a way to basically "supplement" a couple servings of veg? Sure...as some kind of miracle cleanse or whatever or meal replacement, no way.

I have enough meal prep as it is, so I don't juice my own, but I drink a low sodium V8 pretty much daily with my breakfast.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I went through a juicing phase in the 90's. It would take 5-10 minutes to prep all the produce plus another 5-10 minutes to clean the machine afterwords. And what I got was one glass of juice. I mean it was yummy, but I can prepare a meal in the same amount of time. Every once and awhile I will treat myself to some fresh squeezed OJ with breakfast to scratch the itch.

I do occasionally make green smoothies to get some extra veggies in, but now that I'm tracking calories I just can't see wasting 200-300 calories, plus 15-20 minutes, on a glass of juice. I decided instead to focus on actually eating more veggies and fruits so I can get the nutrition in a way that fills me up.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I get a "juice" from a local place where i live maybe once a month in the summer. I enjoy it my husband and I will grab one and then walk on a bike path that goes through a marina. I wouldnt do it regularly its more of a treat once in awhile.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I feel juicing is a waste of fruit in my diet as I prefer to have the fiber and fullness of the whole option and I don't often like sweet beverages.