Deep Fried foods after 6 months made me ill

Options
Haven't had deep fried foods for 6 months.. thought that it would be yummy to have a couple of KFC chicken strips for lunch. They made me physically ill.. Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Canned soups. I can't eat them anymore.. I used to love them but ALL I can taste is the salt/sodium that is in them... so gross!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    UGH! Fish and chips from a very good (and food safe) restaurant. Sick for two days!
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had pizza last night for dinner. I haven't eaten pizza in 2, maybe even 3 months. I devoured the first piece, but the second literally wanted to make me spit it back out. I tasted all of the sodium in it :( SAD DAY.
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    Fried chicken from a two nights ago had me laid out yesterday. No good! I can't believe how fast my body adjusted to not eating all that crap.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yep. To the point that I've got to have my gall bladder removed. Apparently it's not uncommon for people who lose a lot of weight, or lose it rapidly to have problems with their gall bladder, which is indicated by a severe reaction to fatty food.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Yup, I think it happens to everyone. If I eat a burger now, it's evacuate all systems. KFC-wouldn't dream of it! I can still eat pizza, but I make it myself now with 1% cheese and veggie pepperoni.
  • jen_s_perez
    Options
    I guess it is amazing how quickly our bodies adjust to a healthier living. Thank you everyone for making me feel better about what caused this - I guess this is a good thing in a way to know that our bodies are telling us what is good for us and what isn't!

I am glad to hear it isn't just me! Not that I wish this upon anyone else!

1874466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SW: 214
    CW: 198
    GW: 160
  • jen_s_perez
    Options
    @MisterDubs.. at what point did you have your gall bladder checked? I do have a family history of gall bladder problems. Was it numerous times of getting ill?

I have been working out steady for 1 1/2 hrs per day for the last month and lost almost all my weight in the last month....

1874466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SW: 214
    CW: 198
    GW: 160
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @MisterDubs.. at what point did you have your gall bladder checked? I do have a family history of gall bladder problems. Was it numerous times of getting ill?

I have been working out steady for 1 1/2 hrs per day for the last month and lost almost all my weight in the last month....

I had the same thing happen - Went on a diet, lost a lot of weight, and started having gall bladder issues. It started out as a slight 'pang' near my stomache - wasn't really bothersome, but didn't know what it was. I didn't go to the doctor because it would happen randomly. Then one day, I was having lunch with a friend, I had grilled salmon and spinach. Immediately after eating, I started to get nauseaus, broke out in a cold sweat, and started feeling a little dizzy. Went to the doctor right afterwards. The doctor immediately suspected gallstones and sent me for an ultrasound the following friday. Ultrasound showed that shore 'nuff - I had gallstones. I was about to go on vacation, so I scheduled the surgery for the week after I returned. In the meantime, though, the pains got worse and worse. At one point, i even passed out from the pain. It was bad.

Anyway - I had it removed, and haven't noticed any problems since. Not even when I cheat and eat something fatty like fries or chips.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yup, happened to me. Happens to most military persons too!
    After the low fat diet, coming home, having a big mac it just goes WHOOSH! through the system.
    Our bodies adapt to the foods we eat. That's a good sign you have been doing well!
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    Exactly same thing happened to me with the pizza, ugh, it tasted like a mouthful of anchovies
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Definitely not just you. Over a year after I switched to a much cleaner diet, I was working the concession stand at a baseball game and sooooo hungry. The only food options were fried chicken tenders and hot dogs :( The hot dogs looked gross, so I went for the chicken tenders, which used to be one of my all-time favorites. My taste buds were happy but my stomach reacted IMMEDIATELY. It was churning well into the next day.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    It was churning well into the next day.

I call that the McGurgles
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating fast food a couple of years ago, but I absolutely LOVED Mcdonalds French Fries. Decided to spluge and eat a small fries. I paid for it for 2 days. Sniff...no more Mickey D's for me!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    It was churning well into the next day.

I call that the McGurgles

Hahaha! I love it.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me with fried food. Now I just stay away from it completely. As my Curves instructor says, "crap in, crap out."
  • jen_s_perez
    Options
    I think I have lucked out somewhat... after eating the chicken strips they came right back up... stomach felt naseuas for a couple hours, but am starting to feel better this evening - Thank goodness!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I had hibachi the other day and it wrecked me.
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Fast food gives me the bubble guts big time. I don't like to go near it.