A 5 lb loss and alot of confusion......

Options
Ok, so I am weighing in 2 teams this go around and I put my start weight in as a weight that I was at about 5 weeks ago...cause I didn't own a scale and last week when I weighed on Weds I went to target and stood on a scale in their isle.....it indicated that I weighed 243! I was excited...after a week I had lost 2 pounds....this is good right? Right......

So this week I decided I needed my own scale. So last friday I bought one. It indicated that I weighed 249ish pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I go by that then I gained 6lbs in 2 days..........so then I had to weigh today for my team and from 249ish to 245!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YES! But I feel like somehow I can't celebrate.

Should I celebrate the 5lb loss based on the new weigh in.......or cry cause I got my start weight wrong and was actually likely more like 252 when I started...

On a flip note I actually HAVE been sticking to my calories (the occasion over with healthy foods) I have been making new choices on WHAT I have been putting in my mouth, eating often, drinking a TON of water, sleeping well, exercising.....I am proud of that.

ARGH Frustrated....insight please......

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am weighing in 2 teams this go around and I put my start weight in as a weight that I was at about 5 weeks ago...cause I didn't own a scale and last week when I weighed on Weds I went to target and stood on a scale in their isle.....it indicated that I weighed 243! I was excited...after a week I had lost 2 pounds....this is good right? Right......

So this week I decided I needed my own scale. So last friday I bought one. It indicated that I weighed 249ish pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I go by that then I gained 6lbs in 2 days..........so then I had to weigh today for my team and from 249ish to 245!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YES! But I feel like somehow I can't celebrate.

Should I celebrate the 5lb loss based on the new weigh in.......or cry cause I got my start weight wrong and was actually likely more like 252 when I started...

On a flip note I actually HAVE been sticking to my calories (the occasion over with healthy foods) I have been making new choices on WHAT I have been putting in my mouth, eating often, drinking a TON of water, sleeping well, exercising.....I am proud of that.

ARGH Frustrated....insight please......
  • rosered51
    Options
    So it was a blip along the path to your new body...no biggie, ultimately you are doing what you need to be doing and hey, Target needs to adjust their scales right?:laugh:

Just think, you have still lost the weight, and now you have your own scale so you know exactly what you weigh right in your birthday suit without all the clothes and shoes!:wink: Also, having your own scale at home, you can check to make sure it is calibrated correctly.

Just keep in mind that the more important goal is to change your life habits. You are doing that wonderfully, the weight will follow! Keep positive, celebrate your successes, let the negatives go and look for that silver lining! You are a beautiful girl and I love reading your posts so I know you have the positive go getter in there.

Let her out and you will SOAR!!!
  • catalysttc
    catalysttc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i would give yourself a pat on the back, but stick with one weight on one scale and start measuring your changes.
    its tought to bounce scales because they are not all the same. but good for you for staying strong and keep it up.:flowerforyou:
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think your up and down weights shows why the general recommendation is to weigh on the same scale, at the same time of day, with the same clothes (or if weighing at home lack thereof). Using the same scale, etc can limit confusion. Of course other things can lead to just as much confusion such as water gain (either from monthly cycle, or too much salt one day, or sometimes even changes in the weather).

I wouldn't worry too much about what your "actual" starting weight was. Celebrate the healthy changes in your life and focus on the 4ish pounds lost with your current scale and keep using that scale going forward.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Thank yall, my honey keeps telling me I lost 5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! Says I shouldn't be upset...I am gonna just keep doin my thing and check in next week!

Thank you

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!